Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here done their own exhaust install without a lift? I just got my Borla system, but the local shops want about $350 to install, which seems a bit steep to me. I’m fairly mechanically abled, do all my own maintenance, and I’m pretty sure I could do it myself since it doesn’t require any welding/cutting. Only issue is I don’t have a lift. I was thinking I could back it on to my ramps and then put the front on stands, and maybe use my floor jack to hold pieces in place, but just wondering if anyone has done this themselves and what they think? My back isn’t what it used to be so I’d really rather not do it, but I wasn’t expecting to pay that much just for install.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I installed the borla exhaust on my 16 rt myself. Put the car up on jack stands and went to work. Took me almost 4 hours. Getting the old exhaust off took the longest. No lift for the exhaust, after unbolting everything I could I ended up taking a sawzall to the passengers side exhaust about 3' in. Once I did that I was able to get the exhaust leveled out and it slid right off. The borla was in several pieces do it was easier to get in place. Just adjust everything to where you want it before tightening everything up.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up finding a guy who is semi-retired (been doing exhaust for 30+ years) who did it for me in about an hour. Glad I went that route, i don’t think my back would have survived doing it myself. He ended up cutting the passenger side in half, as @AJ79 said. I didn’t realize that side was all one piece. He even spot welded all the clamps, which probably wasn’t necessary but nice to have the extra insurance. Super nice/professional guy. If anyone needs an exhaust guy in Ventura County or north LA area, lemme know. Sounds killer. Video to come.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.