Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,
I recently installed a Borla S Type exhaust on my 2018 Challenger Scatpack. High quality stainless steel exhaust very happy...but.....still a little too quiet for me. Was thinking of cutting out the small mid mufflers (they look like 2 thermos' mounted on the pipes...I assume they are mufflers? See pic). Or should I remove the mufflers and leave the mids in place? Has anyone tried this! Will it trigger fault codes?

IMG_20200628_103246137.jpg

·
Registered
621 Posts
Thats a lot of $$ to spend only to cut it up. I have the s-type also and have a different design of mid mufflers. Must be for the electric cut outs on yours. Why not just sell it complete and replace with custom stuff from a muffler shop. Maybe straight pipes if you want it louder.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
443 Posts
I agree on the $$ to cut it up. Try to trade for an ATAK.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the thoughts guys...think you are right. Going to sell the S type mufflers only and buy something more aggressive.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,892 Posts
I love the Borla ATAK exhaust I just installed on my R/T last week. When you are just at idle, it it sounds serious, then you stomp on it on the road and man does she sing!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts