Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a challenger r/t scat pack 2020. Would like to do something with the exhaust (sounds too quiet). Had a buddy recommend Borla. What are your thoughts? Any recommendations? I'm relatively new to the Challenger world.

·
Premium Member
10,176 Posts
Borla Atak sounds great!
Borla ATAK Cat Back Exhaust 2015-2020 392/6.4L Challenger
This system includes Active Exhaust Valve Simulators which eliminates factory valves. This system also uses factory exhaust tips

Borla ATAK Cat Back Exhaust 2015-2020 392/6.4L Challenger This system includes Active Exhaust Valves. This system also uses factory exhaust tips.

I have Zoomers on my SRT and love the old school rumble.

- Alexis

·
Registered
604 Posts
Dynomax race bullets. Search button.

·
Registered
2011 R/T STP M6
34 Posts
Went to the muffler guy today, he was suggesting a mid muffler delete. Any thoughts on that?
I think that would just make it loud without contributing much to how it actually sounds, no?

I've had the Borla ATAK for the past 6 years and 80k miles. They sound great and the cabin drone is minimal, highway driving at 65mph, it's barely audible inside and comfortable even when going 80mph.

I had LT headers installed last month and the car sounds even better. I'm not sure if it's the insulation in our cars but even having a full exhaust with no cats is comfortable driving around and loud when you want it to be.

Let me know if you have any questions :)

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
175 Posts
The ATAK will drone. Keep that in mind OP.

·
Registered
2019 R/T ScatPack B5 Blue
52 Posts
I did the Dynomax 24250 Race Bullets which is what someone else was referring too on this thread. They give you the same volume of a mid muffler delete, but without the raspiness and you're left with the old school muscle sound. If you have a automatic then there might be drone in the cabin with those mufflers due to the MDS kicking on.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
177 Posts
I have a 2018 and i think the stock exhaust is loud enough but thats me. Im not into waking up the neighborhood loud lol. And even stock i think i might wake up some when i leave @ 5am

·
Registered
604 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is the exhaust will get louder over time. Give the stock exhaust a chance.

·
Registered
58 Posts
2 weeks ago I replaced the mid mufflers with the vibrant 1794. Deeper idle, similar to stock cruising, loud at acceleration. Pops and rumbles on deceleration.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
216 Posts
I personally am not a fan of the mid muffler delete, makes it too raspy. I’m planning on getting a Borla system as well, but I’m going with the S Type, the ATAK is too obnoxious for me.

·
Registered
2011 R/T STP M6
34 Posts
I personally am not a fan of the mid muffler delete, makes it too raspy. I’m planning on getting a Borla system as well, but I’m going with the S Type, the ATAK is too obnoxious for me.
Yeah, the S-Type is moderately quiet when idling or light throttle in the cabin. It can get loud when you punch it but no where near where the ATAK is. I have a friend with a 6.4 with the S-Type and it sounded like something that could've come from the factory. Overall definitely a preference thing especially based on the type of driving being done.

·
Registered
2018- 392 T/A Challenger. Sitting on Glossy red Rohana rim.
2 Posts
Recently purchased a challenger r/t scat pack 2020. Would like to do something with the exhaust (sounds too quiet). Had a buddy recommend Borla. What are your thoughts? Any recommendations? I'm relatively new to the Challenger world.
Yes I have a 2018 392 SRT TA and I installed the Borla S-Type exhaust on mine. I also changed the exhaust tips with quad tips. It gave me a deeper sound; not loud but loud enough people will know you are coming and pass them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts