Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today a new orange Boss parked next to my R/T. Talked to the owner, pretty cool dude; he said he liked the look of the Challenger better. He also said the performance of his Boss was pretty impressive. Ford's orange is almost the same as HO. (Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics)

·
Registered
33 Posts
nope bosses are for sale right now

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Both great looking cars.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I really like the new front end on the Mustang, very muscular.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I really like the new front end on the Mustang, very muscular.
Would love to have a Mustang as well as my Challenger, oh, and also an SS/RS Camaro. Alas, I had to pick only one, and that was the Challenger.

As far as the front end, I think it looks best viewed straight on. That bumper really sticks out, doesn't it? I don't think it looks nearly as good at an oblique or side view. Still, very nice, and very fast car.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
302 is going to be a animal on the track street too for that matter.

Challenger still looks better but the Mustang is nice.

Cool pictures.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Didn't know the boss was out yet, knew it was on way but didn't think we'd see it for a while yet. I actually like the front end of it, fairly similar looking to the challenger's open slit front, although the splitter looks way more aggressive. I can see owning a boss in a few years...after the challenger is ready to retire.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
The Boss is really impressive - it'll crush both the Challenger SRT and the Camaro SS (in their stock form). Now Chevy is coming out with a S/C version of the Camaro, Ford already has the GT 500 and the best Dodge can do is come out with a 392 with about 475 hp. I wish Dodge would quit screwing around and produce a 426 with at least 525 hp and make it available as an option for the RT. I'm tired of having the most expensive and slowest car of the three (even if it is the best looking). I love my Challenger but extra power would be great without having to supercharge or stroke.

Getting off the soap box now...

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just checked a local dealer's site, and the 2012 Boss 302 is going for $68465, and the
2012 GT500 for $57425.

Too rich for my blood. They may well be faster than any Challenger, but at those prices, they better be.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
they are supposed to be in the 40s, not the 60s, but they are new so the dealers are gonna charge a premium, just like they did for the shelby's for 3 years. Damn dealers are greedy. The boss is supposed to be a step between the GT and the shelby. At that price its questionable how many they'll actually move. They thought the shelby's would bring a premium for a long time, until they sat on lots unsold.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I just checked a local dealer's site, and the 2012 Boss 302 is going for $68465, and the
2012 GT500 for $57425.

Too rich for my blood. They may well be faster than any Challenger, but at those prices, they better be.
Both are available for much less, the dealer there is inflating the prices quite a bit, especially the Boss, which should be in the 40s-low 50s, at most.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Boss 302 is a great car. White/blue one was driving by me today. Great exhaust note. My Challenger R/T is my daily driver though, so much better suited for me than a Boss 302 would be... plus was $10k less...

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I am sorry. I wanted a 5.0 so bad when they came out. Now that I look the Mustang and Challenger side by side, I made the right decision. The Challenger looks so much better and more cleanly styled.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the Boss, which should be in the 40s-low 50s, at most.
Yup, the owner of this Boss said he paid $48K. He also said he had shopped for an SRT Challenger in 2008 but felt the inflated prices the Dodge dealers were asking at the time were too high. He then asked me why I didn't buy an SRT (my R/T is an '09) I told him because I really couldn't swing mid $40's on a car purchase (hey, I'm being honest :)) He later was rather shocked after learning what I had paid for my R/T back in '09. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I love the new Boss, I hate the 2010 and above Mustang Taillights. Nice pics BTW!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts