Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Ford really does it right for the enthusiast. Their support of hot rodding to the customer honestly makes me want to buy a Mustang. Knowing they support this stuff just gives me warm fuzzies.

Dodge could really learn a few things here.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Heh -- I'd drop off the "normal key" in the trash can at the dealership.
You freakin said it man

Ford really does it right for the enthusiast. Their support of hot rodding to the customer honestly makes me want to buy a Mustang. Knowing they support this stuff just gives me warm fuzzies.

Dodge could really learn a few things here.
That would be too [email protected] cool if Dodge did that. That lopey idle....so good.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Yeah, I'd sure like Dodge to take a lesson or two from Ford or GM in terms of support to the enthusiasts. Seeing this, and seeing the Camaro come out with a stock supercharger is great. Im hoping Dodge comes around, but I just don't have the confidence that they will do it.

Im not a mustang fan, but they sure know how to take care of their fan base.

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
Got to take a hot lap in a new stang race off road model at Jackson this past Friday. Very quick car, kept right on the tail of a ZR1 with about 300more hp than the stang.

Handling was unreal too.

The boss looks very nice in person too.

Hope Mopar would step it up a noth like back in the day to be more on the edge.

Rid 400 lbs and add a 426 would about do it.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Got to take a hot lap in a new stang race off road model at Jackson this past Friday. Very quick car, kept right on the tail of a ZR1 with about 300more hp than the stang.

Handling was unreal too.

The boss looks very nice in person too.

Hope Mopar would step it up a noth like back in the day to be more on the edge.

Rid 400 lbs and add a 426 would about do it.
Do they race there every year? I need to check that out if so. Going to Jackson is good. Going there and being able to race would be great.

California is a messed up state with all the emission stuff they have going on. Some of it is OK but most is over board.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Seems "gimmicky" to me. I don't street race but why would you ever go out with the wimp mode key in? Kind of like carrying a 44 Mag with 44 Special target loads in it.:scratchhead:

Is it a "valet" key?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
And just to think, if SRT swapped out the 6.1L cam with a mild performance cam, they'd easily get 400 rwhp (460 hp). Call it bias or whichever, but the 6.1L should have came with a more aggressive cam from the factory.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Challenger Blues!

I owned a 2009 SRT and the 2011 IE 392 and was quite happy with them and Chrysler....BUT. My 2011 was on it's way to Houston for some Hennessy upgrades but was told that Chrysler will not support it with the codes to allow this to happen. I loved that car but now that Chrysler turned a wonderful can into a P.O.C. I got rid of it and got that Boss 302 Laguna Seca Mustang. Now Ford seems to be blowing off the release of the Track Key Availability date. Do any of you guys know when this will happen? First it was August then September and now October...Thanks

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,455 Posts
I owned a 2009 SRT and the 2011 IE 392 and was quite happy with them and Chrysler....BUT. My 2011 was on it's way to Houston for some Hennessy upgrades but was told that Chrysler will not support it with the codes to allow this to happen. I loved that car but now that Chrysler turned a wonderful can into a P.O.C. I got rid of it and got that Boss 302 Laguna Seca Mustang. Now Ford seems to be blowing off the release of the Track Key Availability date. Do any of you guys know when this will happen? First it was August then September and now October...Thanks
I believe California emissions is still holding things up, so who knows when or if it will be released. I would think (but i don't know) there would be some aftermarket tunning available for the boss.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Interesting that they advertise the track key, someone goes and buys the Laguna Seca edition, and then it doesn't come with the Track Key. I'd call false advertisement on this and I'd want a refund.

So in reality, the Laguna Seca just turned into a 5.0L Mustang with a rear seat delete and a suspension upgrade....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Interesting that they advertise the track key, someone goes and buys the Laguna Seca edition, and then it doesn't come with the Track Key. I'd call false advertisement on this and I'd want a refund.

So in reality, the Laguna Seca just turned into a 5.0L Mustang with a rear seat delete and a suspension upgrade....

Not even close to reality.

The car is underated at 440 hp along with all the other stuff.

The key will happen, they are just trying to please the Cali guys.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Track Key

What I do know is that with the upgrades track key it will turn the 444 HP to about 475HP. I say call it a 49 state legal key and sell California to China and pay off the money we owe them... Peoples Republic of China.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
you can keep the track key and any Mustang right now (except Shelby) because even the Boss has the crappy MT82 chinese built tranny which has major issues.

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
Yes next year too, I think the test rack in Vegas is larger though.

In 2012 the 201 GT500 goes to 5.7l and 650 hp NON turbo. dang huh!

I know we could have a hemi 426 with 650-700 HP but Mr. Fiat is a dead end.. I think we should have a few special models.

and the GT500 is still under 60k .

I am not a ford guy, but my hat is off to them, they are impressive to say the least, meet smog req too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts