Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My black car needs a bright finished wheel (IMO), but I love(d) my Boss 338.

Solution- I bought some 20x8.5 and 20x10 Black (which would also have looked FANTASTIC) and sent them away to be PVD'd. I would like chrome, but this was far cheaper without all the headaches of Chrome. No pitting or peeling!

Pictures coming when they're on the car.

·
Registered
64 Posts
That sounds like a great idea! Can't wait to see them. I've been debating whether to get chrome or black 338's for my Torred. Sounds like I can go with the cheaper black ones (since I'm leaning towards black) and if I'm not happy or want a change I can do the same thing you did.

So how much is it gonna cost you if you don't mind me asking...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got them back today...Couple of pics of one 20x10....now to find tires.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Resize and you can see how PVD looks rather orange-peel. I don't care, they look GREAT and no pitting or peeling!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really gotta learn how to do the thumbnail size...LOL

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Possibly...It was for me. It depends on the wheels, shipping, cost of the PVD, etc..
Send a PM for details.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yep, the whole thing looks like chrome. Gotta buy tires. I'd like to hold out until I can get a set of Continental Conti-trac DWS, but they're on eternal back-order.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I got them on...too bad the weather sucks. Oh well, at least they won't be ruined. :) I went to a tire store and found a guy willing to spend some time on the phone and found some NEW 295/40-20 and 245/45-20 Continental DWS for me. I told him to get 'em before he even quoted price. BTW...Don't do that!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
The no pitting or peeling is really great especially if your vehicle is exposed to salt in the winter. Just be careful to avoid getting curb rash.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Very nice! How do those tires work in the light snow? I am considering a set. I don't intend on driving the Challenger in the snow, but you never know when you get caught up in some unexpectedly.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tires are awesome in the snow. Here it is cleaned up. NEEDS LOWERING!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts