Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the difference in the Boston Acoustics 6-speaker system and the Boston Acoustics 7-speaker system? is it just an extra dash tweeter (2 verses 3 tweeters) or is there a Boston Acoustics subwoofer somewhere?

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Tony here's what it said on another site.
the boston ac. speaker system, the sound group one to 2 goes from 6 to 7 speakers
i wonder what one more speaker does????

Yes I believe that is the sub woofer, so not only does it add more bass but it directs the bass into the sub, saving the other speakers from most if not all of the bass work. When it is really loud it is hard to tell the difference other than deeper bass but when you are listening to it normally you can clearly hear (and feel) the deeper bass tones and the feeling that your not sure where the sound is comming from.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i never seen a factory Boston Acoustics subwoofer before, only the kicker. where does it mount? what size is it?

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Now you have me wondering were and how big but the build sheet says it's there.

RC7P 7 Boston Acoustics Spkrs w/Subwoofer

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
It looks like it's an 8" subwolfer in between the 2 rear speakers. It's to dark and cold to look now but if I remember I'll look tomorrow and get back with you.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

i thought the RC7 sales code was for the 10" kicker sub with 100 watt package shelf amp.

i know the rear package shelf has the 8" circle cutout between the two 6.5" rear speakers. but i have only seen the 100 watt amp mounted in the circle cutout. an 8" subwoofer would make more sense.

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
The Sound Group II option (R/T) gets you the center dash speaker AND a 8" round sub (its mounted in the rear parcel shelf between the rear pair) and this adds the additional channel of amplification [92w].

The 2010 Multimedia information page is now updated and spells out the speaker count/locations and now refers to there being eight total drivers in the 368w (total of eight channels) of amplification.

Dodge - 2010 Challenger - Innovations - Multimedia

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I know but I have sound group II and it says I have the 7 system. When I was researching earlier it said something about they leave one of the front speakers out but the site Hal sent has 8. I'll see if I can find that referance again.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Here's what I have

ATL Sound Group II
7C7P 7 Boston Acoustics Spkrs w/Subwoofer I guess that meens I have 8 total.
Here's what they said last year
If you have R/T SG II, you have:
*dash speakers (3) (left, center, right)
*door speakers (2)
*rear parcel shelf (2)
*either code 430 radio or 730n radio (code 130 only with base SG I)

That's 7, plus the rear parcel shelf 8" sub for a overall total of eight.

If you have Sound Group I (R/T 'standard' complement) you don't have the center dash speaker, for a total of 6

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
so sound group II gets you 8 speakers (3 dash, 2 doors, 3 rear shelf)
Yes...it the early '09 production, the dodge.com site AND the window sticker counted 7 (the sub is not a full range speaker...so I guess they didn't count it that way).
I have SG II system and I noticed the center dash speaker, which wasn't specifically mentioned in the literature "back when"...and definitely noticed there was a sub with this setup, just not readily visible as the 10" square SRT/Kicker with the OEM installation.

There was a lot of confusion with Dodge's vague descriptions (don't get me started on the "13" speaker count for the SRT Kicker...) that really confuse a potential buyer. The Kicker system are coaxial speakers, not separate component speakers that some have mis-understood by the ad copy in the literature.

Hence, the updates to the website (and presumably) the printed literature when the '11 materials are
released.

PS: fixed the link in my previous post # 7 ^^^

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys for all of the information.

i always wondered where they would put 13 speakers until i looked at the link you posted. all makes sense now.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Thanks Hal but you can't see the speakers in the back. I went out and now there's a cover covering up all of the stuff on rear deck,

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
Thanks Hal but you can't see the speakers in the back. I went out and now there's a cover covering up all of the stuff on rear deck,
That's true - what I meant in my earlier post is I could hear there was a sub. Fade the speakers toward the rear and then turn up the bass setting. You'd have to remove push-pins to remove the rear cover to see whats hidden under the cover.

(the door 6" x 9" speakers put out a lot of bass on their own)...with the rears isolated via the fader, you'll definitely be able to hear the parcel shelf 8" sub...one of the guys I know in my area found the R/T SG II system seemed to have more bass than his Kicker setup in the SRT8 he owned -- we compared ours at a meet up the dealer was having during an open house.

·
Registered
504 Posts
these guys are spot on Tony,I added a box with 2 10" subs to the trunk,and it sounds much better,i just dont like how the door 6x9's are cossover from the amp for low frequency,the highs are just not there...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts