Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

We picked up a 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8. Vehicle is clean but sans Emergency Tookit/Jack/spare Tire.

What do I need to buy to replace the toolkit? I want to be able to remove tire for plugging in case of flat. I'm used to plugging motorcycle tires but you don't reall need to remove those to do it ;)

Thanks for your time,
-NoSlack Mike

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
the SRT models came with the inflator pump & tire sealant.

No jack, lug nut wrench or spare was provided as new on that model.
-similar practice with the other models whenever equipped with Brembo brakes.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
The lug nuts on my 2016 R/T were 22mm. You can probably get a jack from a salvage yard from any Challenger, Charger, Magnum or 300 should work. I carry a tire plug kit and air pump in both of my Challengers even though the GT has a temp spare I would use it as a last resort only. I won't ever use the stop leak slime that comes with the tire repair kit in my Scat Pack because it is a mess to get off the rim effects the tire balance and ruins a $60 or $70 dollar TPS sensor. many times you can plug a tire without removing it from the car then use the air pump to fill it and drive home or to a garage to remove it and get it patched from the inside.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Hey Gang,

We picked up a 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8. Vehicle is clean but sans Emergency Tookit/Jack/spare Tire.

What do I need to buy to replace the toolkit? I want to be able to remove tire for plugging in case of flat. I'm used to plugging motorcycle tires but you don't reall need to remove those to do it ;)

Thanks for your time,
-NoSlack Mike
Forget the scissor jack (which is designed to engage that little notch in the running board near your wheel wells.) Get your self a nice low profile hydraulic floor jack. Fits nicely in the trunk (under the removable panel) and can be secured with bungies or velcro straps if you wish. And with it, you can easily jack up the suspension, instead of the body. This is much easier, than jacking up the body, where the suspension must be fully extended before the tire comes off the ground. Ad a 1/2 drive breaker-bar with a 21mm socket, and you're good to go. I also keep an aftermarket travel emergency kit (with jumper cables, small took kit, flashlight, gloves, lots of little goodies to help you in a break-down situation).

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
'08 - '11 OEM lug nuts are 21mm

'11 - current are 22mm

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Thanks Hal, I stand corrected. I know I have a 22mm an a 21mm socket in 1/2-inch drive for my vehicles. Forgot that it's the wife's Honda van that takes the 21 and my Challenger and RAM take the 22. I do remember the torque setting for the 13 challenger is 110.

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
Thanks Hal, I stand corrected. I know I have a 22mm an a 21mm socket in 1/2-inch drive for my vehicles. Forgot that it's the wife's Honda van that takes the 21 and my Challenger and RAM take the 22. I do remember the torque setting for the 13 challenger is 110.
they've updated the torque figures in recent years

130# for the SXT, R/T (Bosch single and dual piston) and the 4 piston Brembo setups.

The 6 piston Brembo / two piece rotor are 110#

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn, you guys rock. I really appreciate the knowledge, low profile jack sounds like a win. Nice to know that about the SRT models not coming with that stuff. Now I get to pick what toys to fill the rest of that space with, after the few hand tools and Jack ;)

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride! Great choice. Now that you are done looking for the stuff perhaps we can see her.
We like to look. Good luck.
BTW: I don't have any of those items either........WOOHOOOOOO!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts