Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just before dark today drove off the Lodi, CA Dodge dealer lot in a brand new 2018 octane red Challenger Hellcat.

Traded in my 3 months old -- to the day (bought it Dec. 17, 2017) -- Challenger R/T Scat Pack.

New HC, like the R/T SP before it, has the 8-speed automatic. The HC has the SRT low gloss black performance wheels fitted with Pirelli P-Zero rubber.

Only put about 50 miles on the car driving it home from the dealer but in that short time all I can say is Wow. Wow! Wow! Wow!

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
Just before dark today drove off the Lodi, CA Dodge dealer lot in a brand new 2018 octane red Challenger Hellcat.

Traded in my 3 months old -- to the day (bought it Dec. 17, 2017) -- Challenger R/T Scat Pack.

New HC, like the R/T SP before it, has the 8-speed automatic. The HC has the SRT low gloss black performance wheels fitted with Pirelli P-Zero rubber.

Only put about 50 miles on the car driving it home from the dealer but in that short time all I can say is Wow. Wow! Wow! Wow!
Please elaborate on your experience for those of us who haven't been quite as lucky :wink3:

PS: Btw, what was your trade in value for your SP after 3 years?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Congratulations on your new Hellcat.

Looking forward to seeing some pic's.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Added about the best pic I have so far. Just snapped some pics of the car after test ride and after carefully inspecting the car and before the car was taken away to be washed and gassed.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please elaborate on your experience for those of us who haven't been quite as lucky :wink3:

PS: Btw, what was your trade in value for your SP after 3 years?
Well, I can't really add anything new to what other owners have posted about the HC. Of course it has plenty of power. That's obvious even though I didn't use anywhere near its full potential in my 50 mile drive home.

Ignoring the difference in power, the HC is very similar to the R/T Scat Pack I just traded in

One thing that really jumped out at me was the difference in steering. The R/T Scat Pack has electric power steering. The HC old school hydraulic power steering. As I was leaving the dealer's lot in the HC I instantly felt/noticed the heavier steering. Not an uncomfortable amount of increase in effort and in some ways I think better because of it compared to the R/T Scat Pack's very "light" steering. But I have to say on the road/highway the R/T Scat Pack's electric steering never made itself known in any bad way.

My R/T Scat Pack was only 3 months old. I bought it 3 months ago to the day. (Dec. 17, 2017.) The trade in value was $33,000. Not my best financial move to trade in the car so soon after buying it. With the HC I will return to my usual MO of holding on to a car for a long long time.

·
Registered
107 Posts

Welcome to the fraternity that is us. Just got mine 2/15/18 and my face muscles constantly are cramped because I can't get that smile off my face.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The facial condition is I think known as "permagrin".

Have put just over 500 miles on the car and not even had it a week yet. Have booked the car in for an oil/filter service Friday AM.

Have taken to leaving for work a bit earlier than usual because the sooner I leave for work the sooner I get to drive the Hellcat. My brand new (bought Dec. 27, 2018) MINI JCW sits gathering dust because I drive the HC all the time.

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,642 Posts
Every time I see an Octane Red Challenger or Charger in the sunlight I’m amazed at the richness and depth of the color. Couple that with the Hellcat performance and you have something very, very special. Enjoy it and be safe.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,143 Posts
Congratulations on your new Beauty! :cheers:

That Octane Red is Stunning and pictures do that color No justice!

You made a Great choice!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

That's only 2 months.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Hellcat

Added about the best pic I have so far. Just snapped some pics of the car after test ride and after carefully inspecting the car and before the car was taken away to be washed and gassed.
Congrats on the new Kitty >:)
I only used the Black key fob to get the car home, I only use the RED one now.
Dump the Black key fob, you will never miss it. :wink3:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Going to take the black key with me today when I take the car in for an early (<600 mile) oil/filter service. I always carry an extra key when I take the car, any car, in for service just in case the key I hand over to the service department gets lost I'm not stuck at the dealership.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
The Key

Going to take the black key with me today when I take the car in for an early (<600 mile) oil/filter service. I always carry an extra key when I take the car, any car, in for service just in case the key I hand over to the service department gets lost I'm not stuck at the dealership.
When I take my car to the dealership, I set the car in Valet Mode [ slow 300 hp ]:SM145:

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dropped the car off with the black key. Sort have kept an eye on the car. Left the service department entrance to a parking spot just maybe 50 feet distant. After a while on my walk about the dealership I spotted the car on the lift.

(Thankfully the dealer doesn't have any widebody Hellcats here...)

Just got back from taking some pics from under the car.

Oil/filter service should be done shortly.

Can't wait to get back in the car. Having Hellcat withdrawal symptoms.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Love the octane red, especially on an HC. I know what you mean OP as far as the quick trade in. I bought my first Challenger and then fifteen months later, I upgraded to my R/T. Not the greatest financial move but when all was said and done I basically "rented" the first one for approximately $490.00 a month, so not terrible and I am much happier.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Quick Trade In Club

Love the octane red, especially on an HC. I know what you mean OP as far as the quick trade in. I bought my first Challenger and then fifteen months later, I upgraded to my R/T. Not the greatest financial move but when all was said and done I basically "rented" the first one for approximately $490.00 a month, so not terrible and I am much happier.
I am in the same club as you guys:
In 2015 I bought a 2015 Challenger SXT PLUS.
8 months later I traded and ordered a 2016 R/T SHAKER PLUS
Around the next 8 month time, I traded in for a left over [new] 2016 HELLCAT.
This March 2018 I will have owned my cat for a whole year>:)
No DEMON for me:deal:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts