Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not a fan of the goo box compressor that came with my 2021 Scat Pack Challenger.
I bought a spare tire, jack, lug & tie down bolt off eBay that was for the AWD Charger/300's which has a 18x4 deep rim part # 04895689AA.
I've used the AWD spare before on my 2017 Challenger T/A that had 4 piston Brembo's and it did fit over the front calipers.

For 2021 Scat Packs now use a larger one piece Brembo front caliper which is used on the Demon and Super Stock Challenger too.
Unfortunately this spare won't fit over the larger front caliper (although it will on the earlier smaller 4 piston Brembo front caliper).

In the event that the front tire has a flat I'll put the spare on rear and move the rear tire up front.
I get peace of mind having a spare instead of the factory goo box.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Car Motor vehicle
Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Motor vehicle Tire
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper
Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

Reactions: marpow and F8HemiRT

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,489 Posts
Can the LSD diff handle two different diameters on its axles without complaining (audibly or mechanically) in some fashion?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I think so considering there is a spare tire option code TBK offered for the 5.7 T/A & R/T with the same spare tire size.
This is a 2017 T/A that has the spare tire option, notice the sticker to put the spare tire on the back only.
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Premium Member
10,489 Posts
I think so considering there is a spare tire option code TBK offered for the 5.7 T/A & R/T with the same spare tire size.
They come with a sticker that says to put the spare on rear only.
Should be good to go then.

On a related note, the thought of having to remove and put back on 10 lug nuts while on the side of the road somewhere with traffic whizzing by and such is the sort of thing that would keep me up at night.

I’m assuming you have the Mopar scissor Jack and lug wrench to go with that spare, and I’m here to tell you that lug wrench sux for anything except breaking loose and torquing the lugs. So for the rest of the lug nut manipulation, I would recommend grabbing a 1/2” drill driver and a cheap cordless drill to carry around as part of your spare kit.

Cigar Microphone Tobacco Material property Drinkware

Slap a 22mm (or 7/8”) socket on that drill and you can have those lug nuts zipped off and back on in seconds as opposed to minutes using the lug wrench.

Reactions: marpow

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I picked up the factory jack and lug wrench too. You are right that would suck to do a double tire change but it's better than a goo box.
I could always get a cheap Harbor Freight 1/2" breaker bar and a 22mm deep well socket too.

·
Premium Member
10,489 Posts
I picked up the factory jack and lug wrench too. You are right that would suck to do a double tire change but it's better than a goo box.
I could always get a cheap Harbor Freight 1/2" breaker bar and a 22mm deep well socket too.
HF is where I got the 1/2” drill driver. It comes in a 3 pack of such adapters (3/8” and 1/4” being the other two).

HF doesn’t sell individ sockets, but Lowes and Home Depot do if you don’t have an extra 22mm or 7/8” to carry along.

As far the breaker bar goes, that would make breaking the lugs loose and torquing them down a little easier, but if space is at a premium, the lug wrench that comes with the jack will work for two duties (it just requires a little extra effort since it’s so short).

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I unfortunately had to change a flat on my RAM last Winter using the awesome factory supplied lug wrench and jack.
To break the lug nuts loose I stepped on the end of the lug wrench handle....put that body mass to use. lol

A breaker bar a socket will easily fit in the spare tire well with the tire in there too.

Reactions: Nuke
1 - 7 of 7 Posts