Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Already got interior LED, appointment for ceramic window tints next week...what else do you guys recommend? I am not an aficionado as far as cars/modding goes, so probably looking to start with small performance mods and work my way up. What are your recommendations ? :) Could really use some guidance here.

Oh and i got subs in the trunk :)

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
824 Posts
Welcome to the Brotherhood of Muscle. That's a beautiful car. Congratulations!

So many mods are personal decisions that it's hard to suggest where to start. The computer is locked by Dodge and breaking it open can cause warranty issues. That may or may not be important to you. But it can limit what you can do performance-wise. And the more you deviate from stock, the more potential headaches as you stress the limits of the original design.

If I had another R/T, here's what I would do (in no particular order.)
  1. Oil Separator (Catch Can)
  2. I live in Florida so I think window tint isn't a "mod." It's a necessity! ;)
  3. Change the fuel rail covers to the type on the 392/6.4L engines and ditch the large engine cover Lots of other dress up pieces available to add a little bling if that's your style.
  4. Wider wheels so I can get at least 275s all of the way around. The stock 245s don't provide enough tracking for nearly 400hp.
  5. Lower the ride height. Either air bags or lowering springs like Mopar or Eibach or H&R. I was very happy with the Mopar Stage 1 springs that I put on my '11 Challenger R/T.
  6. Exhaust. And this is the most personal mod of them all. Listen to a bunch of cars in person and don't let anyone tell you what you like. Personally ... I like the sound from Flowmasters. But I think that Magnaflow is more popular. If you have an automatic and remove the resonators at the rear of the system, then you will have drone at popular cruising rpms. So I'd recommend using a Cat-back system that has resonators.
  7. Headers? They're pricey and you'll need long tubes to really see a performance benefit. And ... you'll need a custom tune and that means breaking into the computer.
  8. Cam. If I'm doing headers, then. I'm changing to a hotter cam.
  9. Strut Tower brace. I can actually tell a difference when I put one in my '15 SRT 392. And they look good when you raise the hood. I'm told there's even more benefit with a rear brace ... but I'm not willing to give up any trunk space.
  10. And ... there's always splitters, wicker bills, side skirts, rock guards, light kits, and graphics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Brotherhood of Muscle. That's a beautiful car. Congratulations!

So many mods are personal decisions that it's hard to suggest where to start. The computer is locked by Dodge and breaking it open can cause warranty issues. That may or may not be important to you. But it can limit what you can do performance-wise. And the more you deviate from stock, the more potential headaches as you stress the limits of the original design.

If I had another R/T, here's what I would do (in no particular order.)
  1. Oil Separator (Catch Can)
  2. I live in Florida so I think window tint isn't a "mod." It's a necessity! ;)
  3. Change the fuel rail covers to the type on the 392/6.4L engines and ditch the large engine cover Lots of other dress up pieces available to add a little bling if that's your style.
  4. Wider wheels so I can get at least 275s all of the way around. The stock 245s don't provide enough tracking for nearly 400hp.
  5. Lower the ride height. Either air bags or lowering springs like Mopar or Eibach or H&R. I was very happy with the Mopar Stage 1 springs that I put on my '11 Challenger R/T.
  6. Exhaust. And this is the most personal mod of them all. Listen to a bunch of cars in person and don't let anyone tell you what you like. Personally ... I like the sound from Flowmasters. But I think that Magnaflow is more popular. If you have an automatic and remove the resonators at the rear of the system, then you will have drone at popular cruising rpms. So I'd recommend using a Cat-back system that has resonators.
  7. Headers? They're pricey and you'll need long tubes to really see a performance benefit. And ... you'll need a custom tune and that means breaking into the computer.
  8. Cam. If I'm doing headers, then. I'm changing to a hotter cam.
  9. Strut Tower brace. I can actually tell a difference when I put one in my '15 SRT 392. And they look good when you raise the hood. I'm told there's even more benefit with a rear brace ... but I'm not willing to give up any trunk space.
  10. And ... there's always splitters, wicker bills, side skirts, rock guards, light kits, and graphics.
thank you!!! i think first order of business should be exhaust. I’ve heard good things about Magnaflow. I think will start with a magnaflow competition catback exhaust, thanks :)

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
1,969 Posts
With a car being a 2019 very litttle or you blow the Warranty on the vehicle. Now get a Banks Pedal Commander response of throttle will greatly improve for more possitive acceleration . It doesnt improve HP or Torque but you will feel like its a different vehicle. As said all Challengers 2015 up the computer its self is locked meaning your can do limited exhaust mod very limited,Id say tires for better grip and ride. NO CAI its a waste of money unless you have everything else tweaked. Anything you do if you want a need to research and read threads on this board so you get better ideas on what you can do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With a car being a 2019 very litttle or you blow the Warranty on the vehicle. Now get a Banks Pedal Commander response of throttle will greatly improve for more possitive acceleration . It doesnt improve HP or Torque but you will feel like its a different vehicle. As said all Challengers 2015 up the computer its self is locked meaning your can do limited exhaust mod very limited,Id say tires for better grip and ride. NO CAI its a waste of money unless you have everything else tweaked. Anything you do if you want a need to research and read threads on this board so you get better ideas on what you can do.
I will look that up! It looks awesome! Did you get it installed at a shop or do it yourself? I looked on Magnaflow/Flowmaster websites and they said it shouldn’t violate the warranty? Again, i’m not super well versed with cars...sorry...is the exhaust controlled by the computer? So that would mean if i got a catback system it would be pointless ?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
25,566 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) The active exhaust on the R/T sounds awesome. You might want to live with it for a while, it will grow on you

A Guy

Reactions: zup28w

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I would do absolutely nothing. Here's why:

1) Modern muscle comes out of the factory with performance we could only dream of, "back in the day". Why ruin a good thing?
2) Warranty wars are unpleasant. You do not want to play this game with a dealer, especially with the costs involved.
3) Aftermarket parts are not factory parts. They do not go through and are not required to meet factory standards. What some people feel about mods may not the same as what you feel. This is specifically aimed at aftermarket exhaust systems. A completely separate can of worms but you get the idea here.
4) Engineering and bean counting have become razor sharp. Things are designed to work within a hair of their engineered design and within the profit margin. Change something and you may break something else, or many things.

Of course you can ignore all of this and go nuts with mods. Keep in mind that whenever you decide to sell your car expect a good number of buyers to pass you by. Nobody I know has ever gone out looking to buy anything other than a bone stock original unmolested car.

Enjoy your new ride no matter what you decide.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,288 Posts
Small:
Hellcat lower intake box and air catcher tube.
AEM dry drop in air filter.
Charger intake tube without the silencer/wart
Catch Can
Wider Rear tires\Rims
upgrade the rear to a LSD (If your car is an automatic)
Differential brace

Medium:
180 T-stat
Cam (Comp cams 274 cam)
Long Tube Headers/High Flow Cats
Stall Converter
1 piece drive shaft
Dyno Tune

That should get you to or above scat pack power

Large:
Positive Displacement Twin screw or Roots Supercharger (Magnuson, Whipple or Kenne Bell)
Dyno Tune

Huge:
Forged internals or BGE 426 Hemi
Smaller pulley (more boost)
Upgraded Fuel system
Dyno Tune

·
Registered
125 Posts
thank you!!! i think first order of business should be exhaust. I’ve heard good things about Magnaflow. I think will start with a magnaflow competition catback exhaust, thanks :)
Why Exhaust?
I could not expect my 2019 With the active exhaust to sound any better

First thing I would do is PPF the front Bumper. These things are Chip Magnets

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
If you can do you mind or can anyone explain to me how this works and how to hook this up? It sounds very interesting. I have a 2010 5.7 hemi 6spd.

Thx
Banks is a very Reputable Company and Now I have one of these in my 2011 but it woke up the difference with the Throttle Response, Very Simple to hook up but follow each step with instructions Step by Step. This unit had Redundancy as well as a Fail Safe Design unlike some similar products so it's not hype its fact. As for installation the wire routing was the longest part to keep it very clean install. I got the Y Cable or the ODBII Connection side of the installation but one wire goes to the ODBII the other goes to the Pedal Wire Harness... The Link I provided is the one that will work flawlessly...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Banks is a very Reputable Company and Now I have one of these in my 2011 but it woke up the difference with the Throttle Response, Very Simple to hook up but follow each step with instructions Step by Step. This unit had Redundancy as well as a Fail Safe Design unlike some similar products so it's not hype its fact. As for installation the wire routing was the longest part to keep it very clean install. I got the Y Cable or the ODBII Connection side of the installation but one wire goes to the ODBII the other goes to the Pedal Wire Harness... The Link I provided is the one that will work flawlessly...

Thx, I did watch that video & it looks easy enough. Im just really anal about wires & a sloppy look. Do you have a pic of your set up?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Mine is all tucked with ties and industrial Velcro and unfortunately I did not take photos or video of me installing it . Took me about 15 mins to install so just a Bluetooth Connection to adjust it on the Phone didn't fork out the extra cash for the Visible Display Control and wanted it stealth. There is another one on here just got one and loves it as well. I use City Plus 5 for around town, Hwy I set it to Sport Plus 5 as well. On my car since my PCM is not locked and older model I added the y Cable so it can be tuned down road or Diagnostic Display though you can do it with the Banks unit. Can't do that with the other Pedal / Throttle Enhancers.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
DWBruiser installed one as well perhaps he has images of his install...

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,230 Posts
If you can do you mind or can anyone explain to me how this works and how to hook this up? It sounds very interesting. I have a 2010 5.7 hemi 6spd.

Thx
If you have a 2010 don't use a throttle booster and just get a tuner. It does the same thing except it is WAY more useful

·
Registered
19 Challenger R/T Destroyer Gray
158 Posts
Yeah, some of this advice just isn't current anymore. The '19 COMES with a lower ride height- trackpack is standard now. And it comes with the scatpack exhaust - 2-3/4 SS all the way back with hi-flow cats and mufflers. Changing the mufflers out on these does nothing. Some cut them out altogether, which is fine as long as you like it really loud with a lot of cabin drone. An AES or 'active exhaust system' eliminator is a nice change - keeps the flappers to quiet it open all the time. The Khaos system is the best of the bunch for an AES bypass, very happy with mine.

An oil catch-can is a nice addition to keep blow-by from the PCV from being fed back into your intake plenum.
The air box flows all the air your motor can suck in, so changing it is a waste of $$. Well, unless you're gonna blow it, chip it, cam it, or nitrous it.

It's still under warranty. If it's a used car I would recommend you keep that warranty intact for at least another six to twelve months.

Yes on getting rid of the 5.7 wash-tub over the motor. 392 covers will fit with some finagling. Whatever you like for engine-bay dress up.

This guy is kind of a go-pro tool, but has some decent ideas nonetheless. Admittedly, he doesn't know anything about cars, but does seem to have a finger on the pulse of trends. There might be some ideas here for you - I went with the tinted marker lenses, rear reflector, debadging, and making sure everything is blacked out. Ordered a black '60's style license plate. Some of his ideas are negated by factory upgrades for 2019, like mufflers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
View attachment 1014136

Already got interior LED, appointment for ceramic window tints next week...what else do you guys recommend? I am not an aficionado as far as cars/modding goes, so probably looking to start with small performance mods and work my way up. What are your recommendations ? :) Could really use some guidance here.

Oh and i got subs in the trunk :)
If you have the manual transmission get a Mr. Norm's pistol grip shifter. It works and looks much better than the ball shifter the current Challengers come with.

·
Registered
2017, SXT, Blacktop and Maximum Steel Metallic
4 Posts
I live in Houston so I got rid of the stock all season POS tires that my Challenger came with and put summer tires on mine. Doesn't get too cold here that often. Couldn't be happier

1 - 20 of 23 Posts