Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tomorrow will tell. Bought Borla cat backs. Installed by a Dodge Dealer tomorrow. This may be a mortal sin to some, especially with a Shaker (automatic) Got the S type. Talked to Borla and was told there is anti-drone technology. We'll see. No real problem, can be turned back in the future. Then went to ebay! Wow, found a great price with free shipping, no sales tax on MOPAR black hood pins. Couldn't resist, always loved the looks of hood pins. Now that can get me burned at the stake, because that does require holes in the hood. But, love the look of hood pins. Dealer accessory in the year of sale of the car. Does not reduce the value of a collector car by some judging rules. Does by others. (Find a 1964 1/2 Mustang with a tissue dispenser, dealer installed option.) Hope all goes OK. We'll see. Found three ideas for drone if it happens. Any other Shaker owners put hood pins on their cars? Could anybody with a PCP Shaker post a picture of the hood pins. Really over analized this one. Really did too much reading on this decision. Now for questions:

The Mopar hood pins advertise that they meet Thacham Requirements. What are Thacham Requirements?

Anybody know where I can get 4 or 6 inch long hoodpin lanyards?

Would it be possible to have a Shaker sub forum?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot more questions: sorry

Are factory shaker hoods steel, aluminum, composite or fiberglass?

Thoughts of using classic 70 style scuff plates on a 2014?

Does the installation of headers void the warrenty ( found a set of low milage factory 6.1 Leiter SRT headers )?

How hard are the 6.1 leiter headers ti install on a 5.7 challenger?

Since my shaker will have alll the scat pack 1 goodies I i am comfortable putting a scat pack fender emblem on the car. Thought about on the rear spoiler, or remove DODGE in the back up lights and put the scat pack emblem there. Opinions please?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Is the 2015 scat pack fender emblem available yet?
:grouphug::scratchhead:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts

Are factory shaker hoods steel, aluminum, composite or fiberglass?....aluminum

Thoughts of using classic 70 style scuff plates on a 2014?.....buy the mopar challenger sill plates

Does the installation of headers void the warrenty ( found a set of low milage factory 6.1 Leiter SRT headers )?

Since my shaker will have alll the scat pack 1 goodies I i am comfortable putting a scat pack fender emblem on the car. Thought about on the rear spoiler, or remove DODGE in the back up lights and put the scat pack emblem there. Opinions please?.....back up light section actually has space for letters molded into plastic so even if you remove them you will see DODGE in lense......IMO....scat pack fender badge isn't appropriate, that is exclusive for 392 cars, dealer installed package gets the rear side window decals with a 1, 2, or 3 on the decal for the stage......do not UPBADGE your car to being fake.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Is the 2015 scat pack fender emblem available yet?.....yes, check forum vendor steve white motors section but be prepared to get ripped a new one for upbadging.

answers in red

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Jb1 "get prepared to be ripped a new one for "upbadging"

As to that one...... We are all in the "Scat Bee Club" (Started back in 68) Me and several members here sport the scat bee decals on our windows! I would never mind placing those NEW Scat Bee badges on My Challenger, because I do not consider that "Upbadging" This of course is My Own Humble Opinion.... and think about this....... No One but you, pays your Challenger Payment, so do what you want!! :D

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Jb1 "get prepared to be ripped a new one for "upbadging"

As to that one...... We are all in the "Scat Bee Club" (Started back in 68) Me and several members here sport the scat bee decals on our windows! I would never mind placing those NEW Scat Bee badges on My Challenger, because I do not consider that "Upbadging" This of course is My Own Humble Opinion.... and think about this....... No One but you, pays your Challenger Payment, so do what you want!! :D
That 2015 badge on the fender indicates the 2015 model car came with a 392...has nothing to do with 1968 "scat pack club"....do what you want, like I said don't be surprised or get angry when the challengertalk upbadging police give you grief for it.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts

Thoughts of using classic 70 style scuff plates on a 2014?

I think Dale's uses these type of plates, not sure. You need to contact Dales or someone who has bought their hood pin kit. You can also purchase repop 70's hood pin kits for about $45 on fleabay and just use that scuff plate with your MOPAR kit, that is what I did on my TA hood. Cheaper than buying a Dales kit when you already have a MOPAR kit.

No part automatically voids warranty. The dealer/manufacturer has to prove the aftermarket item you installed caused whatever warranty issue you need to get fixed.

Most would not want to do this in their back yard or on jack stands. Depends on you mechanical ability. (PS, it's liter, not leiter - unless you're in Canada or England, then it's litre, lol)

Since my shaker will have alll the scat pack 1 goodies I i am comfortable putting a scat pack fender emblem on the car. Thought about on the rear spoiler, or remove DODGE in the back up lights and put the scat pack emblem there. Opinions please?

There is no such thing as a Scat Pack Stage 1,2, or 3. That was a pipe dream that was never released and probably never will be released due to the 2015 392 Scat Pack versions. As far as putting bees or any other emblem on your car, it's your car, do what you want. I personally would feel uncomfortable putting a bee emblem where the 392 RT's bee is (on the fender) due to possibility of someone thinking I was trying to represent a 5.7 car as a 392 car. Either way, it's your car, your call.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Is the 2015 scat pack fender emblem available yet? Contact Steve White (Luke)
answers under each question above

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My bad. No i agree that trying to represent a 5.7 as a 6.1 is not good. I really like the 5.7. Have .always preferred smaller V-8's loved the 383 Road Runner, the 289 mustangs, and the 283 chevys. I thought the scat pack also included 5.7's. I also thought.the scat pack 1, 2, and 3's in 2014 were available. I like customs, and individualization of a car.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I wouldn't worry about hood pins reducing the value of your car.
For the first 20 years or so, your car will depreciate.
In 50 years, it might be worth what you paid for it.
Just do to it what you want and enjoy the car.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
My bad. No i agree that trying to represent a 5.7 as a 6.1 is not good. I really like the 5.7. Have .always preferred smaller V-8's loved the 383 Road Runner, the 289 mustangs, and the 283 chevys. I thought the scat pack also included 5.7's. I also thought.the scat pack 1, 2, and 3's in 2014 were available. I like customs, and individualization of a car.
Its all good.....The scat pack dealer upgrade isnt available yet and who knows may never be, now the scat pack 2015's is a whole new model with 392 engine, brembo brakes etc.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/scat-pack-stage-kit-update-258994/

·
Registered
308 Posts
Well tomorrow will tell. Bought Borla cat backs. Installed by a Dodge Dealer tomorrow. This may be a mortal sin to some, especially with a Shaker (automatic) Got the S type. Talked to Borla and was told there is anti-drone technology. We'll see. No real problem, can be turned back in the future. Then went to ebay! Wow, found a great price with free shipping, no sales tax on MOPAR black hood pins. Couldn't resist, always loved the looks of hood pins. Now that can get me burned at the stake, because that does require holes in the hood. But, love the look of hood pins. Dealer accessory in the year of sale of the car. Does not reduce the value of a collector car by some judging rules. Does by others. (Find a 1964 1/2 Mustang with a tissue dispenser, dealer installed option.) Hope all goes OK. We'll see. Found three ideas for drone if it happens. Any other Shaker owners put hood pins on their cars? Could anybody with a PCP Shaker post a picture of the hood pins. Really over analized this one. Really did too much reading on this decision. Now for questions:

The Mopar hood pins advertise that they meet Thacham Requirements. What are Thacham Requirements?

Anybody know where I can get 4 or 6 inch long hoodpin lanyards?

Would it be possible to have a Shaker sub forum?

Just purchase 3M hood pins (essentially fake)... they look great and can always be removed..... they look real and people as ways ask me.." I love those cables on your hood man" haha

·
Registered
694 Posts
craig:
don't have borla on my challenger as previous owner had magnaflows put on, but on my SHO put borla on & absolutely love them. no drone at all & a deep rich sound which for a V8 is easy but for a V6 is very difficult. Workmanship was great & fit perfectly. now if the dealer puts them like they should, will stick out so can show the stamped borla name on them, a real nice touch.
mikev

·
Registered
308 Posts

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts