Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought no one made one for our 392's yet???

·
Registered
167 Posts
Same here!

Yes I have been looking for one myself. Here in Florida "Love Bug" season is horrible for your car. Hundreds end up splattered on your grill and bumber, even after getting the car washed and waxed.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Yep I would like one as well. ASAP

Yes I have been looking for one myself. Here in Florida "Love Bug" season is horrible for your car. Hundreds end up splattered on your grill and bumber, even after getting the car washed and waxed.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I need one of these ASAP. I'm going to be driving my car to MI in a month or so to store it during my deployment. I would rather have this than use painters tape.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
You realize the bra as seen in that video is on an R/T, right?

I just bought a Colgan bra for the Challenger. Needed one bad for a road trip but didn't find one. I came across one after the trip of course. Can't remember where I heard or read it but someone slipped the Colgan bra on a 2011 and said it fit. Dunno if that's true or not but it's worth investigating.

FYI: One company is out there buying up all of the other car bra manufacturers. They bought Le Bra and just bought Colgan. They are in the process of consolidating everything. Their back order time is estimated at 4 weeks but it's really more like 8-12 weeks, and regardless of how much you offer them, they are not going to give you rush service or priority. So, providing the Colgan does in fact fit the 2011s, then you'll have to buy it used unless you have 2 months to wait for a new one. No one carries these in stock. They are strictly ordered and made by the manufacturer when the reseller gets the order.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Le Bras on Ebay

What is the difference in the front ends of a 2008-2011 Challenger? I noticed on Ebay there are several listings for a 2008-2010 Le Bra for the Challenger but nothing for the 2011. I want to get one now as I will be flying into Omaha, NE around August to pick up my GWE R/T Classic and driving it back to Huntsville, AL. About 850 miles. I really want to take a bra with me to put on the car for the trip back. I have been watching these Le Bras on Ebay for a couple of weeks but have not seen one yet show up for a 2011. Most of the ads say 3-7 days shipping.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You realize the bra as seen in that video is on an R/T, right?

I just bought a Colgan bra for the Challenger. Needed one bad for a road trip but didn't find one. I came across one after the trip of course. Can't remember where I heard or read it but someone slipped the Colgan bra on a 2011 and said it fit. Dunno if that's true or not but it's worth investigating.

FYI: One company is out there buying up all of the other car bra manufacturers. They bought Le Bra and just bought Colgan. They are in the process of consolidating everything. Their back order time is estimated at 4 weeks but it's really more like 8-12 weeks, and regardless of how much you offer them, they are not going to give you rush service or priority. So, providing the Colgan does in fact fit the 2011s, then you'll have to buy it used unless you have 2 months to wait for a new one. No one carries these in stock. They are strictly ordered and made by the manufacturer when the reseller gets the order.
Yea...but no one has them for the 2011 SRT's!

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Challengers are like women Looks better braless ;-O oops

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
What is the difference in the front ends of a 2008-2011 Challenger?
They flipped the grill underneath from a smiley face to a frown and the 2011s have the wrap around front spoiler.

I noticed on Ebay there are several listings for a 2008-2010 Le Bra for the Challenger but nothing for the 2011 ... Most of the ads say 3-7 days shipping.
Read further. They all carry a notice saying if not in stock then expect a delay as the item is custom made for you. I see two ads right now for the Le Bra and one says 4-6 week delivery and the other has a Special Handling Notice saying if not in stock (and it won't be) then there will be a delay. These guys are just resellers. You buy, they order, you wait.

Yea...but no one has them for the 2011 SRT's!
And no one will for some time because the company is restructuring. Le Bra and Colgan will both prolly disappear and reappear under the name of whatever they are going to call the new company.

But what I was saying is that the 2008-2010 Colgan bra might fit the 2011 Challengers. If it does, then you can try to find a used one or maybe borrow one from a friend.

I can tell you this, I spent several weeks searching for one for my car and I came up empty handed. Lot of people advertising that they have them in stock but no one really does.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Thinking small again! 44 DD:) :pimp:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Suggestions?

Well if I cannot get a bra, what suggestions does anyone have for the road trip from Omaha to Huntsville? I hate to take it on that long of a trip and have chips of paint missing out of the front end after the second day of having it. It almost makes me want to take back roads all the way home.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Well if I cannot get a bra, what suggestions does anyone have for the road trip from Omaha to Huntsville?
Painter's tape. I won't look pretty but should offer some protection. You can pick up a roll at your local hardware store. It usually comes in a light blue color.

3M also makes a clear bra wrap that is readily available online. So go search for that and give it a look.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
I getting the clear bra installed, but just on the front bumper and facia and Mirrors.
If you have it put on your hood it will show once you get a layer of dust at the edge.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Clear 3M™ Paint Protection film works best on lower 1/4 s and the front nose, you cant see it and it comes right off w/o damage if you wish. They used this very film on the leading edge of the prop on my Corvalis TTX Cessna and it stays on it just fine...

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
How do you clean the 3M protection film wants applied? Does it wear out fast and need replaced often?

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Wash your car normally after applied, never wears this stuff is similar to say shelf liner except completely clear so you cant see it yet it supplies a tough barrier for stones and nothing can get under it say like a bra which can cause more damage than your protecting from. Look on eBay most sellers show instructions which will better explain in a video. The new Jeep GC have it installed on the lower 1/4's from the factory Great stuff doesn't leave a residue after removal either.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts