Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I took out the old brakes and and going back with all new pads and rotors. I know I can can just tighten these caliper adapter bolts down with the gun using locktight. I was looking for a torque spec, but I can't find it for my application. SRT, Hellcat and regular ST I can find. But 4 piston Brembo on 2018 scat pack I can not seem to locate.

Thanks

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,230 Posts
Absent someone supplying the actual torque call out you can use this chart:

IIRC for the grade of the bolt it is the number of hash marks on the head plus 2. Thus with 6 hash marks the actual number would be 8 hence the bolt is a grade 8 bolt.

This PDF covers the bolt grade:

Not sure a thread lock fluid is recommended. With another car the new brake caliper bolts -- the old ones were not supposed to be reused -- the auto maker did not call for any thread locking fluid or anti seize or grease be used on the threads. The factory caliper bolt threads came with a surface treatment that was a dry powdery like coating.

'course, maybe Dodge does things differently. You would be wise to find out.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Hello all, I took out the old brakes and and going back with all new pads and rotors. I know I can can just tighten these caliper adapter bolts down with the gun using locktight. I was looking for a torque spec, but I can't find it for my application. SRT, Hellcat and regular ST I can find. But 4 piston Brembo on 2018 scat pack I can not seem to locate.

Thanks
You sure you don't mean caliper to knuckle bolts? The caliper to knuckle bolt spec for you application is 121 ft-lbs front and 98 ft-lbs for the rear. The spec is the same for 4 piston or 6 piston Brembos. The bolts can be reused, as it does not specify they have to be replaced. It only specifies replace bolts on non-Brembo cars. Just as long as there is enough of that yellow threadlocker remaining. If you believe it is worn off too much, then you might want to get new ones or clean them and apply your own. Your call.

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You sure you don't mean caliper to knuckle bolts? The caliper to knuckle bolt spec for you application is 121 ft-lbs front and 98 ft-lbs for the rear. The spec is the same for 4 piston or 6 piston Brembos. The bolts can be reused, as it does not specify they have to be replaced. It only specifies replace bolts on non-Brembo cars. Just as long as there is enough of that yellow threadlocker remaining. If you believe it is worn off too much, then you might want to get new ones or clean them and apply your own. Your call.
Perfect! Thank You That's exactly what Im talking about. Thanks for the quick reply

1 - 4 of 4 Posts