Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 R/T Classic and am looking to upgrade to Brembo Calipers with larger rotors. I wanted to know if 4 piston Scat Pak calipers are a bolt on replacement. I hear Hellcat 6 pistons are not, they require a spindle change. But, will the 4 piston Brembos on Scat Paks interchange? What about the older SRTs that had the 4 piston Brembos, like the same year as my car, but had the 6.1L instead of the 5.7L? Are those Brembos any different that the current Scat Paks? Would they be a bolt on replacement for my car? I would be surprised if they were doing spindle changes for the 6.1L SRT cars back in 2010. Any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
11,800 Posts
You could always look into a big brake kit:

The 4 piston calipers are the same as they were on the older SRT models too.

- Alexis

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I certainly will consider that, but would the older gen SRT 4 piston Brembos or 4 piston Scat Pak ones bolt right onto my car? I have a lead on some used ones, so I would like to look at that option first.

I guess the next question is will the 4 piston Brembos or your Stop Tech kit clear my stock rims with no spacers? I believe them to be 20x8 on the front.

·
Premium Member
11,800 Posts
To the best of my knowledge they will not be a direct bolt on to your R/T. I believe you will still need all of the parts required if you were doing the 6 piston. If you had the 4 piston now it would be a direct swap to the 6 piston.

- Alexis

·
Registered
81 Posts
To go factory brembos on an rt requires spindle swap, no way around it. highly unlikely an aftermarket big brake kit will clear your factory wheels. Baer offers a template you can print out and cut, to set inside your wheel to check fitment before ordering. IMO if you can get some used srt spindles and rotors cheap its the best option, because the srt front spindle allows for wider front wheel/ tire combo. Also if OEM brembos and srt spindles is the route you chose, stock rt wheels will not clear caliper.

Reactions: tjfrombama

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
672 Posts
You could look into the BR9 swap if you just wanted bigger brakes. Similar or better braking to the 4 piston Brembos, bolt on to the stock spindles (I think you have to drill out the mounting holes for your year car) and the stock 20” wheels fit.

I have heard of people making the classic 20” wheel fit Brembos, but it requires a spacer of a fair thickness and not something I would consider.

Part of what stopped that train of thought for me was that I can’t do it in steps. If I swap brakes, I have to get new wheels at the same time, pushing the total cost to $3k pretty quickly. If I could do the brakes, and wait on the wheels, I might have thought about it.

If you have a long term timeline and the Brembos are a good price, maybe pick them up and start shopping for good deals on the spindles. Then wait until you find the right set of SRT wheels and then do the swap all at once.

Reactions: tjfrombama

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
I just installed 4 piston Brembos on all 4 corners on my 2017 5.7 T/A
got all the parts I needed off a wrecked 2018 Scat Pak.
Took the car to Steve White Motors to get the work done. As always their techs are the best in the business.
Thank you Luke !

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
I just found a "new" big brake kit for our cars last week from CEIKA. Seems pretty affordable and very customizable. Might wanna check them out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts