Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2014 Challenger about a month and a half and after about a week of driving it, it started to make a screech noise. I went to the dealer when it had around 800 miles and they said that the problem is that we live near the ocean and the moisture in the air causes that break noise. Today, i'm at 2k miles and i have an appointment tomorrow to get them checked out but i doubt they'll find anything wrong with them. Is there anything I can do myself to get rid of the noise??? I had enough of it from my 92 toyota pickup xD Thanks in advance!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
They might make noise but very little the first time you use the brakes pulling out of the driveway then no noise afterwards. After about 10000 miles they do get a little loud and you will hate the brake dust from the factory pads...then get hawk brand pads. You will love them! No noise and much less dust.

Reactions: ChallengerRTkid

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They might make noise but very little the first time you use the brakes pulling out of the driveway then no noise afterwards. After about 10000 miles they do get a little loud and you will hate the brake dust from the factory pads...then get hawk brand pads. You will love them! No noise and much less dust.

Actually, the noise doesn't stop a bit after I pull out of the drive way. If I drive the car all day, it will make the noise all day long. If the dealer guys can't do anything about it, I will try different brand pads like you said.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it according to your dealership every car where you live makes that noise so you should be fine ;)
Lmao.

Something is very wrong. Please let us know what the fix ends up being. Hope it is resolved quickly and inexpensively to your satisfaction

Reactions: ChallengerRTkid

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Went to the dealer yesterday and told them about the rear brake squeal when slowing down from 25 mph. Of course, they could not duplicate. Only told me, 12 month or 12k mile warranty on brakes. Come back if problem persists.
Yeah, whatever ! Something tells me I will be replacing my brake pads with something better than factory, to start. If problem persists, then new rotors.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went to the dealer yesterday and told them about the rear brake squeal when slowing down from 25 mph. Of course, they could not duplicate. Only told me, 12 month or 12k mile warranty on brakes. Come back if problem persists.

Yeah, whatever ! Something tells me I will be replacing my brake pads with something better than factory, to start. If problem persists, then new rotors.

I think I will do the same if the noise continues. I mean at the dealer some guy said that the brakes were still breaking in and im around 2,400miles already? Because the noise will do it all day long no matter what! And i'm tired of it -.-

·
Registered
404 Posts
I went to the dealer when it had around 800 miles and they said that the problem is that we live near the ocean and the moisture in the air causes that break noise
My dealership said the same thing to me when my brakes had the same problem in November. I live in the Chicagoland area. There is no moisture in the air in November in Chicago so I dont buy that excuse. Cold weather, warm weather, humid weather... squeaks in everything but rain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts