Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys how miny miles you got out of you factory front brake pads? i have 30k and i start to hear some noise coming out of the front brakes,I'm assuming the pads are done.....??

·
Premium Member
10,673 Posts
Pull the wheels and look as each car is different.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
The right front one on my 2010 R/T was squeeling at 3 months old...4k or so. Anyone know if mopar replacement rotors have that gray paint on the hubs still or are they bare steel waiting to rust?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pack, Pitch Black, 2015 Challenger SRT -sold, 2011 Challenger SRT8-sold
160 Posts
Mine lasted about 34K, and squealed for like 30K of that. I replaced mine with the Hawk Performance brakes and man what a difference. Better stopping, virtually no dust and best of all, no squeal!

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
20,000 miles here and still have about 50% life left in them. Squealed since the first 60 miles. Much better now though.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have 58,000 miles on my pads. They still look pretty good. I typically get a lot of miles out of my brake pads with my driving style.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
My car has been to the dealer twice for the brakes squeal. They replaced the right rear rotor and solved that problem. Now my front left squeals whenever I slow down to about 15 mph. I have pretty much given up on the dealer solving the problem after reading that it is a common problem. I guess I will be forced to buy some aftermarket brakes and rotors to solve the problem. This has been my only headache with my 2014 RT with only 4500 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
The original pads on my Charger lasted for about 40K miles. I replaced them with just over-the-counter Duralast Golds from Autozone that I got about 75,000 miles out of (no squeal during that time). When it came time to replace them, I got the replacements free-of-charge from Auto Zone (they are lifetime warranty pads).

Now, I wouldn't necessarily say they are good brakes for track racing, but for everyday driving they are great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone replaced their rotors yet? I road race my car a lot and I have been thinking about switching mine out eventually. I read on some other forum that Hurst makes auto cross rotors but I haven't been able to find any information on them?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts