Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Proportioning Valves are easy-to-install rotary-style valves, that allow you to control break pressure to the rear brakes. This will allow you to set proper brake bias depending upon your driving style. These units can be installed anywhere as long as it is after the distribution block and before the rear brake flex line"

This was a write up on one of these units. Seems most advice on these warns about not messing with these products. But, I was thinking, couldn't you have a major influence on behavior like understeer and how your vehicle negotiates a turn. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Do I need one per side, as it says btwn the distribution block and rear flex line(on one side? I am admitting my ignorance of the architecture of the brake system).

Opinions and perspectives welcome.

Regards,
Mark

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I think the brakes on my scat are damn near perfect. I'm not sure why you would want to modify a piece of the car that works so well? Normally you shouldn't be braking during the turn so I am not sure what you mean by that. Just my 2 cents ;)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,294 Posts
I think the brakes on my scat are damn near perfect. I'm not sure why you would want to modify a piece of the car that works so well? Normally you shouldn't be braking during the turn so I am not sure what you mean by that. Just my 2 cents ;)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Actually, braking during some turns can help with the cars' balance and shift weight where you need it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,121 Posts
Not sure if our cars don't have automatic proportioning via the ABS and computer? A Guy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts