Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2017 Challenger, I have replaced the BCM and the tail light assembly.... The turn signal and brake light is still not working.
Any suggestions on what to do?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,429 Posts
Pay someone to diagnose the problem and then decide if you want to fix it yourself. If not, pay whoever diagnosed it to repair it.

Continuing to fire the parts shotgun at it will likely cost more than punting and taking it in to be assessed by someone who does this for a living.

Reactions: GunthorNC

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pay someone to diagnose the problem and then decide if you want to fix it yourself. If not, pay whoever diagnosed it to repair it.

Continuing to fire the parts shotgun at it will likely cost more than punting and taking it in to be assessed by someone who does this for a living.
Dodge dealership told me the BCM and replaced it but that wasn’t the problem neither

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
This is unfortunately too difficult to diagnose from afar. Does the 3rd brake light work? You (or someone) would have to confirm that signals are reaching the tail light assembly. It could be a harness issue ground or signal, assuming the BCM and tail light replacements were both good, and that the BCM did not have to be calibrated somehow?

A Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is unfortunately too difficult to diagnose from afar. Does the 3rd brake light work? You (or someone) would have to confirm that signals are reaching the tail light assembly. It could be a harness issue ground or signal, assuming the BCM and tail light replacements were both good, and that the BCM did not have to be calibrated somehow?
View attachment 1019900
View attachment 1019901
View attachment 1019902
A Guy
3rd brake light is working. The front signal works and blinks normally. Just the left rear signal and brake light not working

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
Without being an expert, I'd say, especially based on what you've already changed, that you have a wiring issue/signal not getting to the tail light

A Guy

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Challenger GT AWD
144 Posts
Go to the dealership, have them replace what they diagnose, then if that doesn't fix it, raise a ruckus, and that repair they did will either be free, or they will find the issue and fix it for free.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,429 Posts
Dodge dealership told me the BCM and replaced it but that wasn’t the problem neither
Your initial problem was not fixed by their work, and even worse, I bet it was an expensive non-fix to have done.

Take it back and ask them why the problem remains after they diagnosed and “fixed” it. At the very least you should have a credit now in the amount of whatever the original bill for parts and labor was.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts