Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Do the rear brakes on your R/T squeal?

• No, my brakes do not squeal.

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Yes, but I only experience a periodic squeal when coming to a stop.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Yes, I only experience a constant squeal when applying the brake (but not fully).

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Yes, I experience both the periodic and constant squeal.

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I bought my Chally, I've always had a periodic squeal coming from the rear brakes when coming to a stop. In addition to this periodic squeal, there is also a constant squeal that occurs when the brake is applied (not fully though).

The dealership has replaced the brake pads and rotors on the car twice. I've replaced the rear brake pads once with non-OEM pads (Hawk). Both squeals (periodic and constant) still occur.

I wanted to take a poll and see who else experiences this rear brake squeal.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I haven't experienced squeal, but i have experienced "scrap" sounds at low speeds without power to the axles. I've narrowed it to the rear passenger side but taking the breaks apart and closely examining every part, I can't find anything that would cause it.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Mine has had the constant squeal during light braking from day one. With hard braking I don't hear anything unusual. When I rotated my tires the rotors and pads looked just fine, however. It's not excessively loud and since everything seems to be wearing normally I'm not going to worry about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts