Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Brakes on 392 - Squealing

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  2BLU4U 
#1 ·
Is anyone getting lots of squealing when applying the brakes with the Brembo brakes. Mine is very loud and often - get lots of looks. Took the car to dealer and of course they couldn't hear anything - I pickup the car late that day and the brakes squeal in the dealer lot.

#3 ·
My rear driver side one does now and then. Took it to the dealer and they said it was the building up of brake dust on the pad and cleaned it. Well that was yesterday and it was nice and quite. But the today at the gate they were singing again. So hopefully Velocity is right and it goes away

#5 ·
All performance brakes squeal....eliminate the squeal...you'll sacrifice the phenomenal stopping power of the Brembo's. Have the same issue on the Vette ZO6's. If enough owners complain, they will eventually compromise squeal for performance by using different material. Bottom line....if it bothers you that much...buy a Buick!:browsmiley:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.