Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2019 Charger Scatpack. I took it in for maintenance they told me I have to replace the rotors due to heat soak and the brake pads are really low. They quoted me a ridiculous price. I denied it. What is the OEM part for these rotors and brembo brake pads? I can't seem to find them. Are these a replacement for them? Any tips thanks.
P5160048

·
Registered
14,402 Posts
What's the in-service date and mileage? Brakes are covered for 12/12.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought it January 2019 and the Mileage is 20,000.
They said the rotors are heat soaked and cracking and the brakes are worn down almost all the way. I bought it brand new. They told me it wasn't covered under warranty. I had a radiator leak and they covered that just not the rotors and brakes.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
459 Posts
^ what he said. I would also look into something like the powerstop pads and rotors as they're cheaper and get rid of brake dust if you do fall out of warranty

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ what he said. I would also look into something like the powerstop pads and rotors as they're cheaper and get rid of brake dust if you do fall out of warranty
are they better then the oem?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
459 Posts
are they better then the oem?
They're pretty much equivalent but they use a different pad material so you don't get any brake dust. If you so want better braking performance they sell the z26 kit but it's not really meant for street driving. I recommend the z23s.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They're pretty much equivalent but they use a different pad material so you don't get any brake dust. If you so want better braking performance they sell the z26 kit but it's not really meant for street driving. I recommend the z23s.
are the scatpack brembo 4 piston?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
459 Posts
are the scatpack brembo 4 piston?
Depends on the options, I believe if you have the dynamic package or something like that comes with 6 piston. Are your calipers HUGE or just kinda big

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Depends on the options, I believe if you have the dynamic package or something like that comes with 6 piston. Are your calipers HUGE or just kinda big
they aren't the one's that come on the Hellcats, they are smaller then those. I didn't get the dynamics package. They still say Brembo on the calipers but they are little.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
459 Posts
4 pistons then, the 6 pistons are the same as the hellcat

·
Registered
14,402 Posts
Pics of the rotor cracks? Dealers love to charge for unneeded brake jobs so be suspicious.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,964 Posts
Brembo brake pads install easily. They are made for quick changes for racing. Watch this DIY video on how to install new pads without the need to remove the caliper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts