Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
" I came here today to Praise Brampton, not to bury them"
Ironman.
My Car was Born May 5 ,2014
R/T Classic, Super TracPak, M6, Classic 2 Wheels, 730 NAV, Sunroof,
Header Orange and Black Stripes.

My hats off to the Men and women of the Brampton Assembly Plant
for their dedication to building Challengers. I Thank you all.:cheers:

Everytime I look at, drive or wash My Challenger I've tried to find
a fault, something amiss, but cant. So I'm through, pleased and grateful
for a fine job well done.
My buddy who owns a Body shop and Is a Mopar Maniac has praised
the build also, commenting on the finish, gaps and panel alignments.

With that being said unless you have something nice to say about Brampton
dont reply here if its a thrashing. Start your own thread.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
16,294 Posts
You can tour it as part of a special group right? Would love to see inside to and kudos to all the great workers there. No complaints at all on the build quality of my car.
:cheers:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up my 2014 SXT super sport last week and I love it - I am also proud that the car was built in Brampton, just a half hour's drive from where I live - got a great car and supported local jobs- it's a win win!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I love both my cars that were built there ! :kiss:
2006 Charger Daytona R/T in gomango and;
2011 Challenger R/T in toxic orange.

I am very happy with both cars in looks and performance. :clap:

If you go to National Geographics website; go to purchase videos, look up "Ultimate Factories - Doge Challenger" it is a video of Brampton showing the factory and building the car from a roll of sheet metal to the end.

I hope to tour the plant someday. :thanks:

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I've been up to Brampton twice this year.. the guys and gals there are a GREAT bunch of people! I also wish I could tour the inside of the plant... but the next best thing is watching a video that National Georgraphic made a few years back on Ultimate Factories - The Making of a Dodge Challenger.

Hope you all enjoy it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWTLrx_Cr98

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Not only did I see the video, I ordered it from National Geographic. It came in a 5-disk set "Ultimate Factory: Car Collection", which included Challenger and viper, Maserati, BMW, Corvette,etc, etc.

But I know I would still love to see it in person. The ultimate tour would be to have a tour, and when you finish, you pick up the Challenger that you had ordered at you local dealer. I think BMW does this at their South Carolina plant.

"The Base model comes in at just over $20,000..." A little outdated too.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just picked up my 2014 SXT super sport last week and I love it - I am also proud that the car was built in Brampton, just a half hour's drive from where I live - got a great car and supported local jobs- it's a win win!
So did you have to pay the $995 delivery charge like everybody else. Back in the late 60's Chrysler would let you pick up your car at the factory if you wanted to save the delivery fee.

·
Premium Member
10,432 Posts
So did you have to pay the $995 delivery charge like everybody else. Back in the late 60's Chrysler would let you pick up your car at the factory if you wanted to save the delivery fee.
These days you pay the fee even if the dealer is across the street from the factory. I asked that from a Ford dealer near the plant where they made the ranger pickup. It would be great to be able to do that though.

·
Premium Member
10,432 Posts
I love both my cars that were built there ! :kiss:
2006 Charger Daytona R/T in gomango and;
2011 Challenger R/T in toxic orange.

I am very happy with both cars in looks and performance. :clap:

If you go to National Geographics website; go to purchase videos, look up "Ultimate Factories - Doge Challenger" it is a video of Brampton showing the factory and building the car from a roll of sheet metal to the end.

I hope to tour the plant someday. :thanks:
Unfortunately there are no plant tours available.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Thanks for the video, very cool!

·
Registered
16,294 Posts
These days you pay the fee even if the dealer is across the street from the factory...
True. Corvette is the same way for Museum Delivery, you still pay the Destination Charge on top of the factory pickup fee.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Being UK based youtube won't let me watch the videos. Dodge won't even sell me a car let alone go to the factory and pick it up.

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger RT Classic
4,364 Posts
Three years ago they did a tour. A friend of ours drove up from Ohio to Brampton Ont for the tour. The tour was supposed to be 2 hours but ended up being more than 3 hours. From what we heard everyone there was great and did more of a tour than they thought they were going to get.

I know Bramptonbuilder on this forum is great. If you PM him when your car is about to be built he will B.B sign your car. He was going to do my car but it came through off his shift.

·
Registered
530 Posts
why is a true blue american muscle car being built in a foreign country?

·
Premium Member
10,432 Posts
That tour had to be amazing, I know most of us would be like little kids in a candy store.

·
Premium Member
10,432 Posts
Our true blue muscle car isn't an American brand anymore either.
It was German and now it's Italian.

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger RT Classic
4,364 Posts
Chrysler acquired that plant from when they bought AMC/Jeep in 1987. That plant build their large AMC cars and it was a brand new plant at the time. Chrysler has a very LONG history of assembly plants in Canada. I consider them our next door neighbor more than a foreign country.

Whether the car is assembled in the US or not when you get down to it almost half of the parts are made in a 'foreign' country so does final assembly really mean that much.... honestly? Half of the Hemis are manufactured in Mexico.

As someone stated a handful of years back the Big Three... or Big Two and a half design and are in charge of final assembly where ever that may be and market the product. Most of the parts have no beginning in the US. Take a look at electronics, steel and now furniture. We are mostly a service oriented country now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
True blue American muscle car? You sound like my grandmother. If you want an American car buy a Camry. I for one cannot wait to get my plum flavored SPS made by the Canadian men and women of Brampton. Wish you could your the factory and watch your car being built.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts