Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normal holiday shutdown is 12/23 thru 01/01 but there will be an additional two week layoff from 01/08 thru 01/21, guess slow sales and high inventory is to blame.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Normal holiday shutdown is 12/23 thru 01/01 but there will be an additional two week layoff from 01/08 thru 01/21, guess slow sales and high inventory is to blame.

OK, that sucks! Mine had better be built and out the door before that. If I lose a whole month to the shutdown I'm not going to be happy camper. :flame:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
A friend of mine in the car business told me that the season and the saturation of choices in this space have all manufacturers facing the same sort of issue.

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
I heard on the news today that new car sales are at their lowest point since housing bubble burst in 2008.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
This thread prompted me to go check my status again, and I'm at F (paint). So it must have been framed and welded today, since it was still D1 last night. Should clear the plant before the shutdown.

·
Premium Member
9,373 Posts
OK, that sucks! Mine had better be built and out the door before that. If I lose a whole month to the shutdown I'm not going to be happy camper. :flame:
I’m sure that would be VERY frustrating, are you in a cold climate where it wouldn’t be out in winter?
I’m as short tempered as one could be but when faced with something like this and absolutely can’t change what is happening, you have to take a really deep breath, make that many and let it go, the car will still show up soon afterward.
Wishing that you beat the shutdown, best of luck to you.

·
Premium Member
9,373 Posts
I heard on the news today that new car sales are at their lowest point since housing bubble burst in 2008.
Everywhere I look I see brand new vehicles with new temporary plates here. Leasing is what keeps people replacing cars as walking long distances sucks.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I’m sure that would be VERY frustrating, are you in a cold climate where it wouldn’t be out in winter?
I’m as short tempered as one could be but when faced with something like this and absolutely can’t change what is happening, you have to take a really deep breath, make that many and let it go, the car will still show up soon afterward.
Wishing that you beat the shutdown, best of luck to you.
My issue wasn't with being impatient, but I'm using my kid's car while he's at college since I had to trade in my Charger when I ordered. If it comes in before Jan 1, I'm good, but if not I'll need to go rent a car for the whole month of January if they are shut down.

In the end, it doesn't matter as the car is in Paint status right now, so should be done within a few days and off to the detail shop for striping.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
"Chrysler has vowed to keep inventories under control, reduce incentives, and refresh or redesign 75 per cent of its vehicles by the end of next year under its new owner, Fiat SpA."

I wonder what this will look like when these new designs actually hit the showroom. Our beloved Challenger will be on the list for sure.

·
Registered
14,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No good news this time, check the date on that article. :D

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,071 Posts
Maybe it was the DeLorean assembly line :)

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Here's a thought: whenever Ford or Chevy upgrade their offerings, their sales increase. Mustang just did this on their GT with their 10 speed auto and "steroided" 5.0

If history repeats itself here, this no doubt will increase Mustang sales; and it only stands to reason that this will have at least some effect on Challenger sales.

·
Registered
2013 Core
820 Posts
A friend of mine in the car business told me that the season and the saturation of choices in this space have all manufacturers facing the same sort of issue.
Toledo wrangler plant is running through the holidays. Can't build them fast enough.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Toledo wrangler plant is running through the holidays. Can't build them fast enough.

I should have been more specific. He was talking about the pony car/muscle car space. I know that Jeeps are flying out the door because I had to order one that I thought would have been on every dealer lot in the country.

·
Registered
2013 Core
820 Posts
I should have been more specific. He was talking about the pony car/muscle car space. I know that Jeeps are flying out the door because I had to order one that I thought would have been on every dealer lot in the country.
Ah, I see.

Thank you for your business.

·
Registered
194 Posts
My car's supposed to be delivered this week, hopefully that means some more customer cash for December.
I got $1250 when I bought my GT last week (12/2/17).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts