Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Will you post a write up on it after owning it a little while? I’ve only seen one locally so far. Enjoy your new car.
I will. Only had it 6 days, and I love it EXCEPT it went into the shop are 2 days with the uconnect blank screen problem. My gauge cluster goes out for a couple seconds, too. I'm crawling up Dodge's butt about it. I'm actully pushing to get the deal killed. Best outcome right now is to get my reliable accord v6 coupe back and a total refund. I've learned there is no fix for the uconnect problem.

Why not kill it and an exact replacement?
Good luck, hope you get a satisfactory outcome. The solution to many issues that haven’t been found is due to having “techs” that can’t free think and diagnose and figure out the issue without their “scan tool” giving them the answer.
One time years ago I figured out a rattle in a new truck that drove me nuts, they couldn’t figure it out AND a few others with the same issue were pursuing lemon law claims. Turns out that I found a plastic clip through the firewall that held an air conditioning line in place was buzzing at a certain rpm. I removed it, a little clear silicone under it to cushion, silence and adhere it in place and all was silent until I sold it years later. It turns out once I told the dealer what I did they did it to the other truck and then they told the mother ship and they advised their dealer network what to look for and how to satisfactorily repair it. Had I not done so who knows how many easily fixed trucks would be bought back or
How many angry owners would be fighting for a fix. Like Ive said before, years ago we had real mechanics and today’s we have parts replacers.

Why not kill it and an exact replacement?
Good luck, hope you get a satisfactory outcome. The solution to many issues that haven’t been found is due to having “techs” that can’t free think and diagnose and figure out the issue without their “scan tool” giving them the answer.
One time years ago I figured out a rattle in a new truck that drove me nuts, they couldn’t figure it out AND a few others with the same issue were pursuing lemon law claims. Turns out that I found a plastic clip through the firewall that held an air conditioning line in place was buzzing at a certain rpm. I removed it, a little clear silicone under it to cushion, silence and adhere it in place and all was silent until I sold it years later. It turns out once I told the dealer what I did they did it to the other truck and then they told the mother ship and they advised their dealer network what to look for and how to satisfactorily repair it. Had I not done so who knows how many easily fixed trucks would be bought back or
How many angry owners would be fighting for a fix. Like Ive said before, years ago we had real mechanics and today’s we have parts replacers.
I did tell them a replacement was my 2nd choice. Apparently this is a widespread hardware problem. Many owners are reporting it here on this site - wish I would have found it before I bought the car. There is also a TSB on the problem - but they don't tell you that before you buy.

This is like being with a super-hot date, then they say/do something appallingly creepy but you still want to boink them.

I did tell them a replacement was my 2nd choice. Apparently this is a widespread hardware problem. Many owners are reporting it here on this site - wish I would have found it before I bought the car. There is also a TSB on the problem - but they don't tell you that before you buy.

This is like being with a super-hot date, then they say/do something appallingly creepy but you still want to boink them.
Sad, guys will do anything to get “a little”.

Attachments

Ok they shut down last night (Friday) and won't open back up til Jan 2nd.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Nice, well, maybe... That's how it was for me back in early 70's, the company shut down over the xmas/new years weeks and that was our 2wks annual vacation. We got paid, it wasn't a layoff, just shut down operations. I liked it, could get home for holidays. Of course it meant lots of driving in snowy conditions at that time of year. :)

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Nice, well, maybe... That's how it was for me back in early 70's, the company shut down over the xmas/new years weeks and that was our 2wks annual vacation. We got paid, it wasn't a layoff, just shut down operations. I liked it, could get home for holidays. Of course it meant lots of driving in snowy conditions at that time of year. :)
Yes, they still normally get a paid Christmas vacation, usually about 10 days and that is still happening this year. Unfortunately after they come back and work a week, the plant will shut down again, this time for two weeks and that one is a true layoff and the workers will not get paid.

Yes, they still normally get a paid Christmas vacation, usually about 10 days and that is still happening this year. Unfortunately after they come back and work a week, the plant will shut down again, this time for two weeks and that one is a true layoff and the workers will not get paid.

Ouch, hate to hear that. Hate to say it, but we make entirely too many cars and trucks every year. The leftovers are becoming a real problem.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.