Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Brampton Christmas Shutdown and Layoff

3K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  Pauljw 
#1 ·
Normal holiday shutdown is 12/23 thru 01/01 but there will be an additional two week layoff from 01/08 thru 01/21, guess slow sales and high inventory is to blame.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I’m sure that would be VERY frustrating, are you in a cold climate where it wouldn’t be out in winter?
I’m as short tempered as one could be but when faced with something like this and absolutely can’t change what is happening, you have to take a really deep breath, make that many and let it go, the car will still show up soon afterward.
Wishing that you beat the shutdown, best of luck to you.

Reactions: silver scat
#10 ·
My issue wasn't with being impatient, but I'm using my kid's car while he's at college since I had to trade in my Charger when I ordered. If it comes in before Jan 1, I'm good, but if not I'll need to go rent a car for the whole month of January if they are shut down.

In the end, it doesn't matter as the car is in Paint status right now, so should be done within a few days and off to the detail shop for striping.

#20 ·
I got $1250 when I bought my GT last week (12/2/17).

#13 ·
"Chrysler has vowed to keep inventories under control, reduce incentives, and refresh or redesign 75 per cent of its vehicles by the end of next year under its new owner, Fiat SpA."

I wonder what this will look like when these new designs actually hit the showroom. Our beloved Challenger will be on the list for sure.

#15 ·
Maybe it was the DeLorean assembly line :)

A Guy

#16 ·
Here's a thought: whenever Ford or Chevy upgrade their offerings, their sales increase. Mustang just did this on their GT with their 10 speed auto and "steroided" 5.0

If history repeats itself here, this no doubt will increase Mustang sales; and it only stands to reason that this will have at least some effect on Challenger sales.

#23 ·
Why not kill it and an exact replacement?
Good luck, hope you get a satisfactory outcome. The solution to many issues that haven’t been found is due to having “techs” that can’t free think and diagnose and figure out the issue without their “scan tool” giving them the answer.
One time years ago I figured out a rattle in a new truck that drove me nuts, they couldn’t figure it out AND a few others with the same issue were pursuing lemon law claims. Turns out that I found a plastic clip through the firewall that held an air conditioning line in place was buzzing at a certain rpm. I removed it, a little clear silicone under it to cushion, silence and adhere it in place and all was silent until I sold it years later. It turns out once I told the dealer what I did they did it to the other truck and then they told the mother ship and they advised their dealer network what to look for and how to satisfactorily repair it. Had I not done so who knows how many easily fixed trucks would be bought back or
How many angry owners would be fighting for a fix. Like Ive said before, years ago we had real mechanics and today’s we have parts replacers.

#24 · (Edited)
I did tell them a replacement was my 2nd choice. Apparently this is a widespread hardware problem. Many owners are reporting it here on this site - wish I would have found it before I bought the car. There is also a TSB on the problem - but they don't tell you that before you buy.

This is like being with a super-hot date, then they say/do something appallingly creepy but you still want to boink them.

#28 ·
Nice, well, maybe... That's how it was for me back in early 70's, the company shut down over the xmas/new years weeks and that was our 2wks annual vacation. We got paid, it wasn't a layoff, just shut down operations. I liked it, could get home for holidays. Of course it meant lots of driving in snowy conditions at that time of year. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.