Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
It makes me wonder how long or little time we have to put in that factory order for a 2021 unless it ends up being a 2022 model?
By the end of Summer you are pushing your luck. IMO

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Then I will be wondering what the price increase on SPWB will be for 2022 and what if any differences between 2021 and 2022?
Safer to put in order next week? But who knows how long they will be down?

Got pics on your car yet???

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
There have been two shutdowns this year.

#1 - Jan 11 thru Jan 31, reopened on Feb 1

#2 - Mar 27 thru Apr 18, should reopen Apr 19

Let's hope this will end the shutdowns.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
There have been two shutdowns this year.

#1 - Jan 11 thru Jan 31, reopened on Feb 1

#2 - Mar 27 thru Apr 18, should reopen Apr 19

Let's hope this will end the shutdowns.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I still have to wonder how will these shutdowns impact the quality of the cars before, during and after pandemic?

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Got pics on your car yet???
Unfortunately no, been waiting on the detail shop all day. No car. I am not happy with them and owner won't answer my call. He's not going to like talking to me when he does. Tried to deliver it at 7:30 last night and I told him that was too late. To deliver it by 5pm today. It's 5pm now....nothing. :(

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Unfortunately no, been waiting on the detail shop all day. No car. I am not happy with them and owner won't answer my call. He's not going to like talking to me when he does. Tried to deliver it at 7:30 last night and I told him that was too late. To deliver it by 5pm today. It's 5pm now....nothing. :(
I would think it's best to see it during daylight depending on your weather there. I didn't realize they are going to deliver it to you via trailer? Certainly not drive it to you? Or you can pick it up???

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
I would think it's best to see it during daylight depending on your weather there. I didn't realize they are going to deliver it to you via trailer? Certainly not drive it to you? Or you can pick it up???
Delivering by enclosed trailer. This is to avoid driving it on their gravel driveway. Lot's of reason's I want it delivered during the day. Just sent the owner a "firm" (read - irate!) text. Waiting to hear from him......

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Delivering by enclosed trailer. This is to avoid driving it on their gravel driveway. Lot's of reason's I want it delivered during the day. Just sent the owner a "firm" (read - irate!) text. Waiting to hear from him......
Oh sounds like he is going to get an earful. Lets us know how it turns out and get some pics.
I have located the closest Expel shop to me which is about 18 miles from me. I hope they do it all like in your case with the PPF on all 4 wheel wells, on front bumper, front part of hood-maybe? and the ZL1 rock guards. I'm still on the fence on spending $1,000+ for the Ceramic coating (Love the Liquid Glass Polish) actually probably cost more here as Georgia has a lower cost of living which is less than here.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Oh sounds like he is going to get an earful. Lets us know how it turns out and get some pics.
I have located the closest Expel shop to me which is about 18 miles from me. I hope they do it all like in your case with the PPF on all 4 wheel wells, on front bumper, front part of hood-maybe? and the ZL1 rock guards. I'm still on the fence on spending $1,000+ for the Ceramic coating (Love the Liquid Glass Polish) actually probably cost more here as Georgia has a lower cost of living which is less than here.
Oh yeah, he's gonna hear it! Actually, I'm in Alabama but same cost of living (if not even lower). As far as the cost of Ceramic, I figured $200/yr for 5 years of protection and ease of cleaning and protection is worth it. Then I will take over and handle the detailing myself.
Still no word from the detail shop so I am guessing no car today. Unbelievable!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Oh yeah, he's gonna hear it! Actually, I'm in Alabama but same cost of living (if not even lower). As far as the cost of Ceramic, I figured $200/yr for 5 years of protection and ease of cleaning and protection is worth it. Then I will take over and handle the detailing myself.
Still no word from the detail shop so I am guessing no car today. Unbelievable!
OK that sounds a little more reasonable at $200 per year. Maybe I can live with that. We aren't getting any younger so it can be more difficult after those 5 years to DIY but I do have faith in my Liquid Glass Polish.
So no car today and it's been 3 days or has it been a week? I know that is alot of work you are having done. It must be the Expel and the Ceramic coating that takes up most of the time. The ZL1 rock guards are just a matter of tire removal.
Can you imagine if you had both the driver door and passenger doors top to bottom done protected by Expel how much longer that would be?
Keep us posted. Hopefully the wait will be worth it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I still have to wonder how will these shutdowns impact the quality of the cars before, during and after pandemic?
Not sure about car plants but I've been in manufacturing of class 8 trucks for almost 34 years and at least for us an entire shutdown has minor impacts on quality. Where we see problems are on normal workdays when 25% or greater of our assembly workers call in playing the covid lottery. All those empty work stations have to be filled with a warm body and they will pull from any and everywhere to get them. Our actual "shutdowns" are no different than Christmas break, works stops, everyone goes home then returns on a predetermined day and work resumes where it previously had stopped. We currently have a car on order as well so I hope these plants operate somewhat like my plant does.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Not sure about car plants but I've been in manufacturing of class 8 trucks for almost 34 years and at least for us an entire shutdown has minor impacts on quality. Where we see problems are on normal workdays when 25% or greater of our assembly workers call in playing the covid lottery. All those empty work stations have to be filled with a warm body and they will pull from any and everywhere to get them. Our actual "shutdowns" are no different than Christmas break, works stops, everyone goes home then returns on a predetermined day and work resumes where it previously had stopped. We currently have a car on order as well so I hope these plants operate somewhat like my plant does.
o_O

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
OK that sounds a little more reasonable at $200 per year. Maybe I can live with that. We aren't getting any younger so it can be more difficult after those 5 years to DIY but I do have faith in my Liquid Glass Polish.
So no car today and it's been 3 days or has it been a week? I know that is alot of work you are having done. It must be the Expel and the Ceramic coating that takes up most of the time. The ZL1 rock guards are just a matter of tire removal.
Can you imagine if you had both the driver door and passenger doors top to bottom done protected by Expel how much longer that would be?
Keep us posted. Hopefully the wait will be worth it.
Well to be honest the shop owner, while being a pretty nice guy has some time management issues. We had a very terse, unpleasant (for him) conversation last night after he stood me up. His only excuse was that he got swamped and just couldn't get to me yesterday. I told him that was a sure business plan for long term bankruptcy. He's lucky I am not a vengeful individual because I won't slam him online but as I pointed out, other people will. He admitted his company is growing so fast he is having some problems managing workflow that are going to have to be addressed.
Bottom line is he promised delivery today between 12 noon and 1 pm. We will see. Kinda sucks though, weather has been beautiful for a week but it's supposed to rain all day today and for the next 3 days. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Well to be honest the shop owner, while being a pretty nice guy has some time management issues. We had a very terse, unpleasant (for him) conversation last night after he stood me up. His only excuse was that he got swamped and just couldn't get to me yesterday. I told him that was a sure business plan for long term bankruptcy. He's lucky I am not a vengeful individual because I won't slam him online but as I pointed out, other people will. He admitted his company is growing so fast he is having some problems managing workflow that are going to have to be addressed.
Bottom line is he promised delivery today between 12 noon and 1 pm. We will see. Kinda sucks though, weather has been beautiful for a week but it's supposed to rain all day today and for the next 3 days. :rolleyes:
Well lets hope none of this getting swamped or whatever the reasons really are did not reflect on the quality and work done by his shop on your car.
Perhaps he needs more and better employees. But regardless that shouldn't become your problem. Yes you got it the bottom line is the date and time he promised to deliver and didn't make prior contact but stood you up. That is a problem of businesses that grow perhaps branch out and get too large not able to deliver as good quality services when they were smaller. Some places get to big for their britches as they say.
Hang in there can't wait to see the pics.(y)

21 - 39 of 39 Posts