Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Anyone know for sure if Brampton Assembly re-opened 4/19 as scheduled? Cant find any press on it.
Don't know about Brampton but news just announced prices of new cars are going to go up. Average price $37,000 but price increases are more due to micro chip shortage.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Don't know about Brampton but news just announced prices of new cars are going to go up. Average price $37,000 but price increases are more due to micro chip shortage.
Base price of Challengers not including package prices, just went up $250 last month and the price hike before that wasn't long ago.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Challengers just went up $250 last month and the price hike before that wasn't long ago.
yES same goes from 2020 model to 2021. I am going to have to wait for 2022 now. Look what they did to the SRT Durango where it sold out 2000 units and now they are going to fill the left over models so they won't be as special as the 2000 buyers who thought there were only going to be 2,000 units. I believe they were told to make as many now as possible. Not good news to those 2,000 people who paid over $82,000+

·
Registered
15,919 Posts
Anyone know for sure if Brampton Assembly re-opened 4/19 as scheduled? Cant find any press on it.
Yes it opened on time first thing Monday morning.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,074 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I'll take a Hellcat with no computer please, 572 hemi with dual distributors, 3 speed Torque Flite and a 14-71 Blower with 2 Holey 4 barrels.
These computers with all of their great high tech are great but when they break they are broke and cost alot to repair when it should be the opposite for easy repair/replacement/diagnosis. Everything computerized these days are just throwaways now. But the prices of these computerized cars keep going up in price $$$$$.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
These computers with all of their great high tech are great but when they break they are broke and cost alot to repair when it should be the opposite for easy repair/replacement/diagnosis. Everything computerized these days are just throwaways now. But the prices of these computerized cars keep going up in price $$$$$.
Yeah, kinda makes an old guy like me long for the old days. But the tech advantages. It's a double sided subject for sure...to me.

Reactions: Charles 236

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Yeah, kinda makes an old guy like me long for the old days. But the tech advantages. It's a double sided subject for sure...to me.
I'm sure you remember TV repairmen when one had to have their TV repaired or shoes fixed at shoe repair shops. Now we just throw away our LED/Plasma TV's and VCR's. Remember VCR repair? VHS vs. BETA? DVD's? Return milk bottles to milk man for milk delivery? Yes tech does have advantages but when it messes up it messes up BIG time. 😬 🤑

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,074 Posts
I was that TV repairman for almost 35 years ;) They still do repairs, but it's not as much business as years ago

A Guy

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
How is that? :unsure:
I just mean that as far as they are running behind there is a possibility of a backlog situation. This could cause them to start moving some ordered cars from 21's to 22's by Fall. But who knows for sure. If I knew I wanted a 21' and didn't want to gamble on undesirable changes to the 22's I wouldn't wait too long.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I just mean that as far as they are running behind there is a possibility of a backlog situation. This could cause them to start moving some ordered cars from 21's to 22's by Fall. But who knows for sure. If I knew I wanted a 21' and didn't want to gamble on undesirable changes to the 22's I wouldn't wait too long.
Actually I never did receive anything after filling out that e-mail form for the discounts. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
If I knew I wanted a 21' and didn't want to gamble on undesirable changes to the 22's I wouldn't wait too long.
After two truncated production years in a row, I don't think there will be any changes at all. I think they will just let everything ride for 2022, colors and all. That would be the most cost effective. And all that's on the minds of CEOs these days is revenue.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
After two truncated production years in a row, I don't think there will be any changes at all. I think they will just let everything ride for 2022, colors and all. That would be the most cost effective. And all that's on the minds of CEOs these days is revenue.
Probably and an increase in price again? :unsure: o_O

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Probably and an increase in price again? :unsure: o_O
I'm certain of that. I made the mistake of selling my last Challenger about eight months ago because I got a really good offer for it and I've been looking online daily for months for incoming inventory. The base price seems to jump $200-$300 every few months and that doesn't include option package increases or the ridiculous transportation charges. It's getting so it would be cheaper to fly to Canada and drive your car back rather than pay for the shipping.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts