Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
How long will they be shut down if "idiot in chief" closes the Mexican border? Will they be able to get engines?

Maybe the "Caravans" will carry them across...

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have been in “I” status for inspection since Monday so I got a bad feeling my car may be stuck in shutdown. Oh well, maybe May rebates will be better than April’s if I get pushed into next month.

I know how you feel. I’m trying to be patient about mine until it gets into D1 Status with a build date. I’m counting the days until the Brampton plant reopens for production again on April 15th.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hey, Google says they're open!

Too bad for the workers, these temp layoffs come out of their pockets and not good for anybody.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hey, Google says they're open!

Too bad for the workers, these temp layoffs come out of their pockets and not good for anybody.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I doubt that Google is accurate about this. We all know that this shut down was planned a few months in advance.

·
Registered
65 Posts
True in all this waiting anxiously for our cars to be built let's not forget who's really feeling the pain of these shutdowns. The workers on the line who aren't getting a check. I'm sure they'd love to be making money these two weeks while pumping out our cars.

·
Registered
308 Posts
True in all this waiting anxiously for our cars to be built let's not forget who's really feeling the pain of these shutdowns. The workers on the line who aren't getting a check. I'm sure they'd love to be making money these two weeks while pumping out our cars.

I thought that Dodge would at least give the workers at Brampton unemployment for the two weeks that they aren’t working. However, unemployment takes a few weeks to get set up before one gets their first check in the mail. I wonder if Dodge still gives them their paychecks even though the plant is temporarily closed for two weeks?

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I doubt that Google is accurate about this. We all know that this shut down was planned a few months in advance.
Oh yeah, just joking.

I thought that Dodge would at least give the workers at Brampton unemployment for the two weeks that they aren’t working. However, unemployment takes a few weeks to get set up before one gets their first check in the mail. I wonder if Dodge still gives them their paychecks even though the plant is temporarily closed for two weeks?
They probably can file and maybe the union will give them something too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,988 Posts
FCA will pay if it's in the contract. Otherwise the chance of shutdowns would also be in the contract. Nothing happens unless it's somehow covered by the contract. A Guy

·
Registered
570 Posts
I’m not. I’m just anxious to get my Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body. And I already own a Ford. Not interested in getting another one.
Settle down. Our Challenger was built on 10-3-18 and arrived at the dealer on 2-11-19.
I'm sure your car will arrive much quicker, but please don't have a heart attack over whether it's in D or D1.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Settle down. Our Challenger was built on 10-3-18 and arrived at the dealer on 2-11-19.
I'm sure your car will arrive much quicker, but please don't have a heart attack over whether it's in D or D1.

It's definitely in D1 Status right now. It's scheduled to be built sometime after the Brampton plant reopens on April 15th.

·
Registered
91 Posts
All this extra two weeks has given me is an extra two weeks to get her garage built and more dangerously rack up the list of mods and stuff I want to do. 📃🛒
I agree with you. It won’t fit in my garage at the moment until I get it organized. Many decisions on what to do first...window tint is probably priority 1 with warm weather coming. May try ceramic pro on just the wheels...who knows.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
So today's the 10th. Did production restart this morning?

41 - 60 of 102 Posts