Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
" FCA's factory in Brampton, Ontario will be down from April 1 to April 13"
Yes, but they are also closed on Sunday. It’s April 14th on Sunday. The Brampton plant will reopen for full production on Monday, April 15th. Normal production should resume starting on April 15th.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,653 Posts
I hear they'll only be making Chargers the 1st week >:)

A Guy

·
Registered
65 Posts
I hope mine isn't on the docket to stat building the first day back after 2 weeks off lol. I'm good with it taking another week or so before it rolls onto the line.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I hope mine isn't on the docket to stat building the first day back after 2 weeks off lol. I'm good with it taking another week or so before it rolls onto the line.

I just spoke to Dodge customer service with the live chat that Dodge has on their website. Just 3 days ago (on Friday, April 12th), I spoke to someone on Dodge live chat and they told me that the "tentative build date week" for my Challenger is sometime on the week of April 15th which is this week. I just got on live chat a few minutes ago and the person on the other end told me that they couldn't find the "tentative build date week" of April 15th that was given to me just 3 days ago on Friday, April the 12th. I mentioned to them that just 3 days ago I was given a tentative build week of April 15th for my Challenger. Why would the "tentative build week" disappear from their computer system like that? Dodge customer service on live chat said that they cannot find the information that was given to me anywhere on their system. So what do you think happened? How is it that just 3 days ago I was given a "tentative build date week" for sometime on the week of April 15th and how is it that now they cannot find this information? What's going on? I feel that some of the people who work on Dodge live chat are clueless or that they don't know how to use the computer system to find out the proper information on the build week or build date for our vehicle orders. What do you think is going on here? Why was the "tentative build week" present on their computer system just 3 days ago and why is it not there right now? What happened? The only thing that the person told me was that everything is "on schedule" with my car and that all the parts are on hand and that my vehicle is scheduled to be built soon which does not do any good for me because they cannot confirm the "tentative build week" like they did last week.

·
Registered
13,738 Posts
At D1 they should should have an estimated build date. Your dealer might have some info too. Sometimes if you call customer service back and get someone else you'll get better info. Yes, it can get a little screwed up talking with them then next time you call they have the info, I'd just try again tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
576 Posts
I spoke to someone on Dodge live chat and they told me that the "tentative build date week" for my Challenger is sometime on the week of April 15th which is this week. I just got on live chat a few minutes ago and the person on the other end told me that they couldn't find the "tentative build date week" of April 15th that was given to me just 3 days ago on Friday, April the 12th.
If only someone had warned you about customer service's (especially chat's) unreliability many, many posts ago.

·
Registered
310 Posts
At D1 they should should have an estimated build date. Your dealer might have some info too. Sometimes if you call customer service back and get someone else you'll get better info. Yes, it can get a little screwed up talking with them then next time you call they have the info, I'd just try again tomorrow.

I used the online chat via typing earlier. They were useless and clueless. However, I took the initiative to call Dodge customer service via telephone just a little while ago and I spoke to someone at customer service who was able to help me. I gave them all of my information (name, VIN, VON numbers and my address) and they were able to confirm with me that my Challenger will "definitely" be built sometime this week between April 16th-20th. I made sure to ask the customer service agent on the phone to verify this for me and they did. They told me that my car will definitely be built sometime this week, but they don't know exactly which day yet. I'm going to give them a call late in the afternoon tomorrow (on Tuesday) again to see if there are any updates. I think that calling via telephone is the best way to get more accurate updates on the status of the car.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,653 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
310 Posts
What can I say. I’m anxious about my car being built. If it wasn’t for the plant shutting down for 2 weeks to deplete dealer inventory, my car would’ve already been built and maybe also shipped. The only good thing is that they reopened yesterday and that production has resumed again.

·
Registered
13,738 Posts
Its exciting I know! I've ordered two of them and it's the only way to fly imho but I just don't worry about it and let the process work. You've still got to inspect it and drive it and hopefully everything is alright, whatever you do, take your time once it gets there. It's still the dealers car until you sign for it so make sure it's right. Red Sox - Yankees on tonight, might be a good diversion.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm anxious for mine too but slidd is right, don't let your haste get in the way of making sure all is good before you accept. Just because you placed an order doesn't mean you need to accept anything that isn't right. I will be paying close attention to the paint and possible scratches during shipping. If I'm paying 1450 to ship it better look like I paid that on delivery. Still test drive like you would a lot car. (just don't beat on what is soon to be yours lol). As anxious as you are you still have leverage to leave them holding the bag on an unsold car until they make right anything you find unsatisfactory. These cars aren't cheap, make sure you treat it that way.

And even though my state requires two plates I have aleady requested the dealer does not drill into my front bumper for the front plate I will deal with that on my own there are plenty of aftermarket options that don't screw up the front bumper. Also I don't want to see any dealer stickers on it when I come to inspect it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
And even though my state requires two plates I have aleady requested the dealer does not drill into my front bumper for the front plate I will deal with that on my own there are plenty of aftermarket options that don't screw up the front bumper. Also I don't want to see any dealer stickers on it when I come to inspect it.
Do the 2019 Challengers require holes to be drilled into the bumper like the pre-2015 cars? I was hoping by now they used a hidden flange to secure the bracket. Ridiculous if they have not modified the brackets.

·
Registered
13,738 Posts
Do the 2019 Challengers require holes to be drilled into the bumper like the pre-2015 cars? I was hoping by now they used a hidden flange to secure the bracket. Ridiculous if they have not modified the brackets.
Nope, still the same.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts