Dodge Challenger Forum banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm anxious for mine too but slidd is right, don't let your haste get in the way of making sure all is good before you accept. Just because you placed an order doesn't mean you need to accept anything that isn't right. I will be paying close attention to the paint and possible scratches during shipping. If I'm paying 1450 to ship it better look like I paid that on delivery. Still test drive like you would a lot car. (just don't beat on what is soon to be yours lol). As anxious as you are you still have leverage to leave them holding the bag on an unsold car until they make right anything you find unsatisfactory. These cars aren't cheap, make sure you treat it that way.

And even though my state requires two plates I have aleady requested the dealer does not drill into my front bumper for the front plate I will deal with that on my own there are plenty of aftermarket options that don't screw up the front bumper. Also I don't want to see any dealer stickers on it when I come to inspect it.

I will definitely thoroughly check out my car like a fine tooth comb when it arrives. This is also the 4th vehicle that I'm getting from this same dealer, so they know that I'm very anal about my cars.

·
Registered
25 Posts
And even though my state requires two plates I have aleady requested the dealer does not drill into my front bumper for the front plate I will deal with that on my own there are plenty of aftermarket options that don't screw up the front bumper. Also I don't want to see any dealer stickers on it when I come to inspect it.
just slap a sto-n-sho on your new car :grin2: thats what im planning to do when i get my car in a few days

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just found out that the Dodge Brampton Assembly Plant is closed today (Friday), tomorrow (Saturday), Sunday and Monday for the Easter holiday. There will be no production happening at the plant for the next 4 days. The plant will reopen for normal production again on Tuesday, April 23rd.

This really sucks. My Challenger Scat pack Wide Body is currently stuck in the F Status in the Paint Status. I wish that the Brampton plant didn't have to shut down for 2 weeks in the beginning of April. My car would've been built and shipped out and on its way to the dealer by now if the suits who run Dodge didn't temporarily shut down the plant for 2 weeks.

My car has been sitting in the F Status in the Paint Status for the last 4 days since April 16th of this week. I'm wondering whether or not my car being stuck and sitting in the Paint Status like it is for the last 4 days will pose any paint quality control issues if they already painted the car if it's sitting idle there on the assembly line picking up dust particles on the paint? These temporary plant closures and the Easter holiday are screwing up production and might cause problems with quality control in the paint process. They could've at least either waited until Tuesday until they reopened the plant to place my car into the F Status Paint Status or at least "finished up and completed" the Paint Status and put the car into G Trim Status before they shut down the plant for the long Easter holiday. I'm not happy.

·
Registered
13,605 Posts
I'm sure the paint will be alright. After paint it goes immediately into the ovens for baking.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm sure the paint will be alright. After paint it goes immediately into the ovens for baking.

I agree with you, but we don't know whether my car has already gone through the Paint Process completely or if it's waiting to go through it. The car has been stuck in F Status (Paint Status) since Tuesday, April 16th.

I don't know if the car frame has only been primed or if it has been "both" primed and fully painted or whether its not gone into the oven for baking yet because of the plant shutting down again? I know that Dodge has had some paint flaws in the past with their cars and I hope that mine doesn't have any paint flaws or paint quality control problems from the car sitting idle like this if its been only "half painted" meaning that they didn't put it through the whole paint process and bake the paint on it before temporarily shutting down the plant. Leaving the car with only primer on it or with only primer and paint on it without baking it and closing the plant isn't going to be good. I would think that it would be much better for the car to sit idle in its frame stage and to remain unpainted and for them to paint it when they reopen the plant on Tuesday to avoid any paint quality control issues. It would be nice to know how this particular production stage at Brampton functions during this type of scenario when everything is put to a temporary halt for 4 days. Only an insider that works at the plant can tell us this.

·
Registered
13,605 Posts
There's no insiders so forget it, obviously no one who works there is willing to put there job at risk by yapping on a public forum. All we can do is gather and post what we see or go by past experience.

They leave cars on the line all the time, maybe not for 4 days but there's Sundays and holidays where there's no work done and the cars sit. I really wouldn't worry about it, you think they're just gonna paint over a car full of dust or something? And I don't know what paint issues there are either, maybe in a rare case but the overall paint quality in the last few years especially has been excellent. Brampton is in the middle of a $245 million multi year improvement that included upgrading the paint facilities and the results speak for themselves.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I am wishing you had found a car already built on a lot somewhere to spare you, and us, from this obsessive/compulsive ranting. I’m wondering what you will find to obsess over after you’ve had the car for a month? Defective stitching, rock chips, etc?

Please, please..... relax.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I am wishing you had found a car already built on a lot somewhere to spare you, and us, from this obsessive/compulsive ranting. I’m wondering what you will find to obsess over after you’ve had the car for a month? Defective stitching, rock chips, etc?

Please, please..... relax.

I'm feeling relaxed. Everything is good here on my end. I'm just disappointed that all these temporary plant shutdowns are happening more than once during the time frame when I ordered my car. That's all. I special ordered my 2008 Charger R/T Road and Track from Dodge back in 2008 and I never had to go through this bullshit delay just because a few suits up in Detroit feel like shutting down production to deplete dealer inventory. I understand why they did this, however, it doesn't benefit me or anybody else who special ordered a Challenger who's trying to patiently wait for their car while Dodge shuts down production for stupid reasons. If these vehicles weren't so expensive to begin with, they would sell better and Dodge wouldn't need to shut down like they do every few months.

When I'm spending $50,000 for a car I expect it to be built correctly without any flaws or quality control issues. Anybody in their right mind would want this.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm feeling relaxed.

I'm just disappointed that all these temporary plant shutdowns are happening more than once during the time frame when I ordered my car. That's all.

...it doesn't benefit me or anybody else who special ordered a Challenger who's trying to patiently wait for their car while Dodge shuts down production for stupid reasons.

If these vehicles weren't so expensive to begin with, they would sell better and Dodge wouldn't need to shut down like they do every few months.
If this is your relaxed state, I'd hate to see you get anxious.

Once again, it could be worse. Much worse. Our car took over four months from build date to arriving at the dealer.

No, it doesn't benefit you or anyone else that ordered a car, but it seems like the rest is having far greater success with "trying to wait patiently".

Expensive? Well, everything is relative, but I think that Challengers in general, and especially Hellcats and Redeyes, are bargains.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Expensive? Well, everything is relative, but I think that Challengers in general, and especially Hellcats and Redeyes, are bargains.
2019 challenger scatpack esp with widebody package is the best bang for buck or dollar per horsepower anywhere around rifht now. I could be a bit bias as that's what I'm waiting to take delivery on but in all seriousness, it's a pretty sweet machine for the money imo!

·
Registered
308 Posts
2019 challenger scatpack esp with widebody package is the best bang for buck or dollar per horsepower anywhere around rifht now. I could be a bit bias as that's what I'm waiting to take delivery on but in all seriousness, it's a pretty sweet machine for the money imo!

I agree. There’s no other car out there at this price point that offers the horsepower and torque that the Challenger RT Scat Pack Wide Body offers. I love the car so much. I’m looking forward to getting it and to enjoy driving it for the next 3 years.

·
Registered
308 Posts
If this is your relaxed state, I'd hate to see you get anxious.

Once again, it could be worse. Much worse. Our car took over four months from build date to arriving at the dealer.

No, it doesn't benefit you or anyone else that ordered a car, but it seems like the rest is having far greater success with "trying to wait patiently".

I’m ok. I’m just excited with lots of anticipation. That’s why I’m like this. I love the Wide Body Challenger so much. It will be the best car that I’ve ever owned. I’m happy.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Yea i agree, another shutdown is coming soon, leaving vehicles half finished and half painted on the assembly plant >:) :laugh2:
I heard that due to the changes at Brampton, specifically in the paint section, the vehicles that weren't completed before this shutdown were put on trolleys and parked outside for now.

Once the new stuff is installed, those vehicles will then be used for dialing the new system in.

If my source within FCA is correct, there is a Scat Pack Wide Body that has been chosen to go through the new system first. Supposedly, by rushing that one through, it'll drastically reduce the amount of phone calls received by customer service.

·
Registered
420 Posts
If my source within FCA is correct, there is a Scat Pack Wide Body that has been chosen to go through the new system first. Supposedly, by rushing that one through, it'll drastically reduce the amount of phone calls received by customer service.

:lol:

·
Registered
13,605 Posts
I heard that due to the changes at Brampton, specifically in the paint section, the vehicles that weren't completed before this shutdown were put on trolleys and parked outside for now.

Once the new stuff is installed, those vehicles will then be used for dialing the new system in.

You're bad Jimmy but oh so funny!!!

·
Registered
308 Posts

Ha ha ha!😂

·
Registered
25 Posts

i cant even.. :lol::lol::lol:

81 - 100 of 102 Posts