Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have been really considering getting a new hellcat challenger. I look on cars.com all the time and would not believe the amount of still new 16's that are still on the lots. Within a 200 mile radius, there are still over one hundred on dealer lots. And trust me, they ain't moving them. I also know there is zero incentive from the dealers to by them. What say you guys?

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,936 Posts
I still don't want one, even if they price them at $45K!!! My neighbor complains about filling up his 2016 Hellcat all the time, he says he lives at the gas pump...lol For the price of one Hellcat today I can have 2 Challengers to drive, yay me!!!

Ok, yes, some will say why care about MPG? Surprisingly around here it's a thing for those who buy the big V8s. My neighbor, his brother in law and a guy I work with have Hellcats, 2 Challengers and 1 Charger. They NEVER drive them!!! LMAO!!!

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,037 Posts
I'd be glad to have one if the price was right, but for a two model year old car I'm going to need a big discount, after all when you go to trade it sometime down the road they will be valuing it like it's a two model year older car.

·
Registered
212 Posts
No price incentives? I just bought a 2016 hellcat because of the major price incentives. At least here in AZ. Also severl on ebay (from dealers). As far as gas mileage, it is all about the driver. I typically drive in ECO mode, and get better mileage than in my scat pack. But if more power is needed, it is right there available.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
People I know with '16s are running a full half second slower at the drag strip than people with '15s. That alone has me avoiding them..but with a tune all things become equal again from what I understand.

·
Registered
2018 SRT 392
232 Posts
One would think before a person would purchase a challenger its NOT about the MPG,s.IMHO it is about PERFORMANCE..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could care less about gas mileage. The cheapest I have seen in NC, SC, or GA is 57k for a six speed. Autos are still 60 plus.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I still don't want one, even if they price them at $45K!!! My neighbor complains about filling up his 2016 Hellcat all the time, he says he lives at the gas pump...lolFor the price of one Hellcat today I can have 2 Challengers to drive, yay me!!!
1 Hellcat > 2 non Hellcats, especially if they are not 392s...

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,936 Posts
Yeah, not everyone wants just horsepower guys, when you are older, you'll understand. Till then don't hate the daily commuters, it's just fun to drive something beautiful.

Reactions: mvale

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
One would think before a person would purchase a challenger its NOT about the MPG,s.IMHO it is about PERFORMANCE..
Most Challengers sold are actually the SXT V6 variety, and these get pretty good gas mileage with 305 HP, not too shabby! I can barely use my 5.7 V8 to it's potential in any commute. Traffic here is ridiculous due to constant 10 year construction projects.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Wow, the false information in this thread is amazing.

My 2016 A8 Challenger Hellcat gets around 21 mpg on the highway, while my 2005 5.7 hemi Ram only gets around 15 mpg on the highway.
I would say the Hellcat gets pretty good mpg for having almost 400 hp more than my truck.

Also, the 2016 Hellcats are NOT any slower than the 2015's because nothing changed.
If the 2016 Hellcats at your track are slower than the '15s, it is because of mods or driver error.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Wow, the false information in this thread is amazing.

My 2016 A8 Challenger Hellcat gets around 21 mpg on the highway, while my 2005 5.7 Hemi Ram only gets around 15 mpg on the highway.
I would say the Hellcat gets pretty good mpg for having almost 400 hp more than my truck.

Also, the 2016 Hellcats are NOT any slower than the 2015's because nothing changed.
If the 2016 Hellcats at your track are slower than the '15s, it is because of mods or driver error.

Going To Get Some Groceries In The Hellcat - YouTube
Woah buddy, I never said what "kind" of gas mileage a Hellcat gets, if you can buy (and want to drive one daily), I imagine you don't care what the gas mileage is for such an awesome machine. My neighbor and two others, jokingly complain about driving their cars to work and back because they wait forever in traffic and burn the tank of fuel down. This was not suppose to be a Hellcat bashing statement!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Woah buddy, I never said what "kind" of gas mileage a Hellcat gets, if you can buy (and want to drive one daily), I imagine you don't care what the gas mileage is for such an awesome machine. My neighbor and two others, jokingly complain about driving their cars to work and back because they wait for ever in traffic and burn the tank of fuel down. This was not suppose to be Hellcat bashing statement!
Well when you post a statement like this:
I still don't want one, even if they price them at $45K!!!
My neighbor complains about filling up his 2016 Hellcat all the time, he says he lives at the gas pump...lol
People tend to think that the Hellcat has horrendous gas mileage, which just is not true.

I just wanted to set the record straight as I have over 21K miles on my Hellcat and can tell you first hand, the gas mileage is surprising good for a 700+ hp car, especially when you find out it takes approx. 80 hp just to spin the twin screw SC.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Well when you post a statement like this:

People tend to think that the Hellcat has horrendous gas mileage, which just is not true.

I just wanted to set the record straight as I have over 21K miles on my Hellcat and can tell you first hand, the gas mileage is surprising good for a 700+ hp car, especially when you find out it takes approx. 80 hp just to spin the twin screw SC.

Really? You are gonna call what I said misinformation??!! I have no idea, from personal experience what kind of gas mileage your Hellcat gets, however other "lesser" Challengers get pretty good MPG. My SXT gets about 30 mpg and, for a 4,000 lb. car, that's impressive!!! I drive cross-country pretty often and having a car that gets that kind of mileage is pretty cool, I now have 43K on a 2016 model. Most folks don't seem to do a lot of research before they purchase a car. Hopefully, when it comes to high performance vehicles like the Hellcat or the Demon, they will see the Challenger as the exception.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I really like how this a thread about 2016 Hellcats, somehow we are talking about the gas mileage on a SXT.

·
Registered
40 Posts
2015 Challenger Cat here, daily driver, 22k miles. Commute is 14 mi one way and loads of traffic, takes 50 min. 1 tank of gas lasts the week, and that’s with side trips for the usual errands. I’m normally in the 16’s for mpg. Taking it to my acreage outside of town I get 22-23. Used to drive a truck and grand Cherokee, Cat does better than both. I do have two v6 Chargers, that is 19/30.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok. Quit talking about gas mileage. Back to my original point. Why in the hell are dealerships sitting on brand new 16 hellcats and not trying to get rid of them? Hell 18's are out now.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts