Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new (leftover) 2020 Hellcat last night, and everything was fine on the 100 mile drive home from the dealer...
The car sat in my driveway overnight, and TODAY...The radio started rebooting itself at random times. EVEN WHEN THE CAR IS PARKED, AND NOT RUNNING.
I don't have anything plugged into the usb ports, or the cable...but I get an error while driving that says "Device not supported", and then the unit will reboot.
If the car is just sitting off, and you watch it for a while, the SRT screen will flash on once in a while for a few seconds, and then go off.

I'm going to take it to the dealer on Thursday, but I wanted to see if anyone here had any experience with this problem.

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
379 Posts
For what it is worth. If you shut off you car and never open a door, the radio shuts off after "xzy" time, which I think you can control through the settings... however at something like 10-15 minutes you will see the radio flash the splash screen for a second or two as the car goes into the "prevent battery drain mode". So that part you are seeing is normal and not a problem. Why it does that shall remain a great mystery of life.

Your other issues, I have no idea. Hopefully it is something simple.

·
Registered
455 Posts
My 2010 SRT & 2017 GT Challengers both did the random rebooting after I bought them new. Software updates fixed both but took many trips to the dealer before they fixed them. Good luck. If I get a 3rd Challenger it will be a Hellcat

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Device not supported" I believe is referring to your phone. Mine did the same until I paired it
Does it with the phone un-paired, and "forgotten".

For what it is worth. If you shut off you car and never open a door, the radio shuts off after "xzy" time, which I think you can control through the settings... however at something like 10-15 minutes you will see the radio flash the splash screen for a second or two as the car goes into the "prevent battery drain mode". So that part you are seeing is normal and not a problem. Why it does that shall remain a great mystery of life.

Your other issues, I have no idea. Hopefully it is something simple.
It does the booting with the car off more than just once... If I go outside in the middle of the night, when the car has been sitting for hours, and watch it for a while, it will do it.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,195 Posts
It does the booting with the car off more than just once... If I go outside in the middle of the night, when the car has been sitting for hours, and watch it for a while, it will do it.
Never paired my iPhone to my 2018 Hellcat or 2020 Scat Pack.

The "radio" in my 2018 Hellcat went bad -- the NAV system had me 40 miles from my actual position -- and after 2 updates failed to address the anomalous behavior the radio was replaced. After the NAV (and the rest of the "radio") worked just fine.

Absent some incomplete pairing operation that causes the radio to wake up at seemingly random times due to some attempt by the radio to go through the car's radio I'd hazard a guess the radio is bad.

Best advice I can offer is to do what you have already stated you are going to do and that is take it to the dealer.

Be sure you know under what circumstances the radio misbehaves and can cause the radio to manifest its untoward behavior.

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
Bought a new (leftover) 2020 Hellcat last night, and everything was fine on the 100 mile drive home from the dealer...
The car sat in my driveway overnight, and TODAY...The radio started rebooting itself at random times. EVEN WHEN THE CAR IS PARKED, AND NOT RUNNING.
I don't have anything plugged into the usb ports, or the cable...but I get an error while driving that says "Device not supported", and then the unit will reboot.
If the car is just sitting off, and you watch it for a while, the SRT screen will flash on once in a while for a few seconds, and then go off.

I'm going to take it to the dealer on Thursday, but I wanted to see if anyone here had any experience with this problem.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I noticed the usb ports in the center console don't work, either... I wonder if that module could be the "device" not recognized?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE!!! Figured out what's wrong!!
I removed the fuse for the USB media hub in the center console, and drove the car around all day with no problem.
Then I put the fuse back in, and the problem returned.
So...The media hub is the culprit.
That would make sense with the "device not supported" error.
The hub is the device.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts