Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys! Just picked up a used 2010 Challenger RT Classic with what appears to be the STP package.

So far I have added the Skip shift from speedlogix and just finished installing a Barton Short throw.

This car handles great and is quick. The previous owner took real good care of it and had a Mopar brand exhaust installed. He also installed the Mopar CAI. All in all it is an awesome car.

One question for all of you guys that have installed a Barton shifter. Is there any possible way that the linkage could rub against the driveshaft?

I turned down my radio after the install and driving a round a while, and when taking off from 1st to 2nd and some of 3rd gear I hear a sort of scarping. Could the linkage be scraping in those gears? I was in 1st and i pulled the shifter closer to the left while in gear, and it would make the noise more pronounced. AM I just being paranoid? I order it from Summit and got it in 2 days for the same price as Barton. maybe it is an older model?

It shifts great, just the scraping noise is throwing me off and worrying me.:|

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,845 Posts
Welcome from the Peninsula ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Send a PM to Barton. They are a site sponsor so they should respond quickly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an Update, Did contact Barton and they were awesome, after closer inspection, it is just driveline noise. All I have to do is loosen the shifter up again, shift around 3 times to get it settled, then Tighten it in the position. Incase anyone was having the same issue. Yes very true, a lot of the guys here are awesome and willing to help!

Happy 4th Everyone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts