Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son has a 2012 Challenger RT. Recently had a accident (he is fine). Front end of car took some damage. Got the car back Friday and you can literally see the aluminum radiator through the grill. I know I couldn't see the radiator before. All Black car and it's very noticeable through the grill. Did the body shop forget something or was original a black radiator? Looking for advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
They didn't replace the radiator/trans cooler? Looks very shiny to be the stock configuration.

Do this: pop the hood, pull off the plastic pieces that have the "cup holder" indent pieces that sit above the radiator, look down at the radiator. There should be another cooling plate in front of the radiator that the transmission cooling lines run to. It should be in front of the radiator. There should be a rubber lip that extends from the top of the radiator to the top of the trans cooler. See if it is there at all. If it is not, see if you can contact the shop and see if they replaced the radiator with a different unit.

The picture attached shows the black trans cooler over a (aftermarket) radiator.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,635 Posts
Welcome from California. That's not the way stock looks, no. A Guy

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,025 Posts
Welcome to the forum, nope doesn't look right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the advise. Went by body shop. Said they would take the aluminum tran cooler and shoot it. I'm assuming they meant with black paint? Is this a reasonable fix for this issue?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Welcome! Just tell everyone that it's an intercooler. :)

I was thinking about spraying bare aluminum intercooler but would rather have better cooling...although probably not enough to notice any benefit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts