Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is your go to gas station to fill up your car?
mine is
#1 shell
#2 BP

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
I found Shell to give the most ST Knock Retard and BP to give the least so I stick with BP for now. Also if I mix in Sunoco 100 to give 95 octane I get no Knock Retard.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found Shell to give the most ST Knock Retard and BP to give the least so I stick with BP for now. Also if I mix in Sunoco 100 to give 95 octane I get no Knock Retard.
this is a great replay thanks for sharing the info bro....much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
So long as you use Top-Tier gas, your car will be well fed. To learn about Top-Tier gas go here: Top Tier Gasoline

I personally use Shell. Their 91 octane pump fuel contains the most detergents (V*Power) of any gas sold in the US. I also use it because I'm a huge Ferrari Formula 1 fan, and Shell produces all the fuel and lubricants for the team. The F1 technology allegedly trickles down to their consumer products.

Reactions: Harbor

·
Registered
545 Posts
Seem to have best results with Chevron 91 (no 93 at 5K above sea level)

·
Registered
368 Posts
I use the least expensive regardless of brand and have never had a problem. Ditto with my Viper.

Reactions: Locko

·
Registered
26 Posts
chevron and last fill up I was at 16.64 mpg all in town driving (8 stop lights in 8 miles to work, 12 stoplights in a 4 mile round trip on my bank runs to and from store I work at, and then back to house after work) RT classic 6m

·
Registered
404 Posts
Shell or BP here too.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
COSTCO 93 oct and every 3K miles or so a can of Chevron's fuel system cleaner.

·
Registered
41 Posts
SAMs club 93 octane on 93 canned tune. No knock at all.

Reactions: Locko

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Shell or Mobile typically

·
Registered
360 Posts
1. Sunoco
2. Shell or BP

Those are my top gas lines... My sunoco has 91 and 93 available, but Shell and BP only have 93.

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
SAMs club 93 octane on 93 canned tune. No knock at all.
Interesting. Do you know this by logging for ST KNK with the tuner or are you going by not hearing any knock?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts