Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to order a '21 Scat Pack in Hellraisin purple, but can't decide on wheels. I'm too old to like the current fad of black/dark grey and want something flashier. The only stock option that I'm considering are the Brass Monkey ones, but I would like to see them with the Hellraisin. Does anyone have that setup and willing to post a good, well lit pic?

THANKS!

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree that the rendering looks really good which is why I'm considering them. However I would like to actually see a real pic as the graphite base wheels look better in the rendering than they do in person. Up close the graphite is so close to black that it's hard to differentiate. If I can't pull the trigger on Brass Monkey then I'm considering a set of Hellcat replicas in either black pockets/aluminum face or full chrome.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I agree that the rendering looks really good which is why I'm considering them. However I would like to actually see a real pic as the graphite base wheels look better in the rendering than they do in person. Up close the graphite is so close to black that it's hard to differentiate. If I can't pull the trigger on Brass Monkey then I'm considering a set of Hellcat replicas in either black pockets/aluminum face or full chrome.
Chrome imo just give a car a older date like putting old school wheels on a modern car. Im just not a fan. Most new Chrome wheels are covers as well. U could always paint the wheels or highlight them in Hellraisin on a light color like Roll aluminum.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
128 Posts
Hi,

I had a similar decision on my F8 2020, as wanted the dynamics package and also didn't care for the black rim fad, would have been fine with gray, but in the end got the brass monkey rims.

The Chrysler website rendering makes them appear more goldish than they are in real life. Their actually more of a light brass color, I would think it would look sharp with that color, someone actually posted one on 1 of the 3 sites that color with black rims and it almost looks black, very sharp color.

Here's a couple pics of the rims.
20200919_120437.jpg 20200919_120911.jpg

Good luck with the decision,

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
225 Posts
Big fan of the Hell Raisin color and of the Brass Monkeys - So go for it - Some one will trade you if you don't like them lol

·
Super Moderator
16,094 Posts
I think Brass Monkey wheel finish will look good with Hellraisen paint. The '19 / '20 finish is lighter than what was used on the Hellcat (optional) Brass Monkey wheel, but its one way to get away from the all black wheel look

·
Registered
14,951 Posts
Brass Monkeys not for me but if you don't want Black then no other choice.

I'd order Dynamics and red calipers and take the black wheels that come with the the package and that would be killer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,111 Posts

A Guy

Reactions: GSBrockman

·
Registered
222 Posts
Those brass monkeys are so unique. I really dig them. I wish I had them on my plum crazy. My car came with the matte black wrt wheels which is cool. But brass monkeys win.

·
Registered
307 Posts
there was one this summer at the local dealer. it looked great. im 50 so, i dont paticularly care for the all black wheel either

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,111 Posts
Not sure what 50 has to do with it? I'm 60 and I love most black wheels ;)

A Guy

Reactions: FrostyOwl

·
Registered
307 Posts
i was told people around 50 or so aren't typically fans of the black wheels . so i was grouping people into categories. Sorry. :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,111 Posts
I'm a statistical anomaly :D

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T - Billet Silver
74 Posts
i was told people around 50 or so aren't typically fans of the black wheels . so i was grouping people into categories. Sorry. :LOL:
Funny... a coworker of mine (in his 60's) has an F150 and just got new chrome wheels for it. I mentioned how I like the darker rims and his response was "eh... I'm kinda old school... not sure I like the black rims".

·
Super Moderator
16,094 Posts

A Guy
that's funny the Hellraisin Scat Pack is a CG image - note it has the "DODGE" license plate from the website images with an empty dealership lot...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,111 Posts
It didn't look natural, but it looked like real pictures superimposed over their background ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Hi,

I had a similar decision on my F8 2020, as wanted the dynamics package and also didn't care for the black rim fad, would have been fine with gray, but in the end got the brass monkey rims.

The Chrysler website rendering makes them appear more goldish than they are in real life. Their actually more of a light brass color, I would think it would look sharp with that color, someone actually posted one on 1 of the 3 sites that color with black rims and it almost looks black, very sharp color.

Here's a couple pics of the rims.
View attachment 1004308 View attachment 1004309

Good luck with the decision,

Regards,
Jim
I love the Brass Monkeys on the F8 Green. I was never a big fan until I saw them in person on a WB RE a couple of weeks ago. Look pretty good on Hellraisin also.
3FA044BE-6069-44F8-BD86-7FC9357565F4.png

·
Registered
190 Posts
dont know why the hate for chrome. back in the 70s most of us had cragars on our cars before they had 5k on them. Challenger is suppose to look old school and even the factory rims back then had chrome rings. Black is fine on a mustang or camaro. They dont look old school anymore either. Or on some turbo rice rocket but the only black wheels on challengers back in the day were someones beat up rims they spray painted and even then seldom black or gold. Only challenger i ever saw that looked good to my eyes with those brass monkeys is a f8 hell cat wide body just like the picture above. Purple? Chrome all the way. Only color id go black wheels with is a black car. But then im 64 and old school is why i bought a challenger and not a camaro or mustang. Mine still has the stock srt rims on it but by the time its taken out next spring will have cragars on it. Old school? First thing i bought for mine was chrome hood pins and lovers. Next guy can take a can of flat black paint and make it look cheap if he wants after im in the ground :p

1 - 20 of 32 Posts