Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

there’s a local guy selling some bravado’s and the rear tires are worn so I’d need to replace those. My question is, can I run anywhere between a 275-295 tire on the back of my 2012 RT without issue? It’s my daily driver and I’m just looking to spice up the looks. Thank you for any help

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,324 Posts
Either should work just fine, some have gone up to 315's but may require a little heat and rubber hammer the rear liner to clear ...

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts

305/40r18 MT ET Street S/S on 18x10 bravados. 315s would rub the plastic liner

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Either should work just fine, some have gone up to 315's but may require a little heat and rubber hammer the rear liner to clear ...
thank you for the info!!

View attachment 1025579
305/40r18 MT ET Street S/S on 18x10 bravados. 315s would rub the plastic liner
Jesus that looks freaking bad ass!! Thank you for sharing.

Are there any drag radial style tires that would work well as daily drivers? Particularly during the rain is my main concern?

Also, do the bravado wheels accept the factory TPMS sensors? Thank you for the help so far!!

edit: sorry for all the questions I’m just really hyped about doing this. Would the Nitto NT555 in 295/40/R18 give me that fat tire drag kind of look? Thank you

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
thank you for the info!!

Jesus that looks freaking bad ass!! Thank you for sharing.

Are there any drag radial style tires that would work well as daily drivers? Particularly during the rain is my main concern?

Also, do the bravado wheels accept the factory TPMS sensors? Thank you for the help so far!!

edit: sorry for all the questions I’m just really hyped about doing this. Would the Nitto NT555 in 295/40/R18 give me that fat tire drag kind of look? Thank you
The mickeys I'm running work perfectly fine in the rain, just don't floor it like any other tire in rain. Another good option for a daily drag radial is the 555r2, they won't hook as well but from what I hear they are a little better around turns and other non drag racing stuff. If you're under 600whp 555r2s are still plenty stick to dead hook I personally would go 295/45 on an 18, if 295 is your width choice. 295/40 will be a little short

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The mickeys I'm running work perfectly fine in the rain, just don't floor it like any other tire in rain. Another good option for a daily drag radial is the 555r2, they won't hook as well but from what I hear they are a little better around turns and other non drag racing stuff. If you're under 600whp 555r2s are still plenty stick to dead hook I personally would go 295/45 on an 18, if 295 is your width choice. 295/40 will be a little short
Good info, thank you! I’ll up it to a 45

·
Registered
2017 Challenger T/A 392 A8
92 Posts
I ran the 305/45/18 Nitto 555R's on my Bravadas. I thought they were better on the street with all the rain FL gets than the Street ET's were. M/T's worked better at the track though. Neither will get you a lot of miles ... under 10k if you don't abuse them.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,743 Posts
Size depends on what width the wheels are

A Guy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts