Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in the northeast brings around a yearly phenomenon called snow. Last night was the night in which I finally gave my Challenger a break and laid her to rest in the garage for the season due to a blizzard happening today. Being the first winter I'm going to be storing it, what are some others northerners' advice for surviving Challenger deprivation during the winter months? I feel like I'm gonna lose my mind with it sitting and not being able to drive her 'til spring!

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
I suffered through Challenger with drawl last winter. I was driving my Focus ST all winter and missing the extra room, comfort and classic style. So last spring I traded the ST in on a Challenger GT AWD as my new DD. Now I drive a Challenger all the time except when I drive one of my old Oldsmobiles that I have collected over the years.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Your Kidding Right?

Living in the northeast brings around a yearly phenomenon called snow. Last night was the night in which I finally gave my Challenger a break and laid her to rest in the garage for the season due to a blizzard happening today. Being the first winter I'm going to be storing it, what are some others northerners' advice for surviving Challenger deprivation during the winter months? I feel like I'm gonna lose my mind with it sitting and not being able to drive her 'til spring!
You call todays weather a blizzard?
Your kidding....right :surprise:
My CAT has been in the garage for about 2 weeks now waiting for a few more days of sunshine before I put it up some time in December.
Of course this depends on there not being any salt on the road, we need some rain now.
Next week in the 40's so maybe.
When I do put mine up the car will share the garage with another car, so I will have the CAT clean inside and out, full of fuel,put on rollers to move the car to one side of the garage, put a trickle charger on it to maintain the battery and cover the car.
It will be high and dry and ready for spring [April].:sunny:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Alright, the cold snap here in MA caught me off guard. I only drive my Challenger a couple of times a month, but I do want to take her on a long run before changing the oil, polishing her up and putting her to bed for the winter.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Trickle charger, oil change, car wash, and gas stabilizer is what I've been doing for my 2011 SRT. If nice days show up during the winter I take her out for a spin to keep the tires round and the internals lubricated.

I'd like to hear what others do in case I'm missing something.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,842 Posts
I roll the passenger side window up...sometimes ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 R/T
493 Posts
I fill the tank, put a can of Seafoam, put a coat of polish on the car and cover her up and if it warms up enough I take her out for a quick spin otherwise I start her up in garage about once a month and run for about 20 mins.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I suffered through Challenger with drawl last winter. I was driving my Focus ST all winter and missing the extra room, comfort and classic style. So last spring I traded the ST in on a Challenger GT AWD as my new DD. Now I drive a Challenger all the time except when I drive one of my old Oldsmobiles that I have collected over the years.

Spit BINGO! You win the Cupie doll. Let this be a lesson for ALL of us. The cure, precious cure!

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
I drive mine all year round. The weather in Raleigh, NC isn't that bad but we do get some wicked ice storms sometimes.
Whoa, so just what is so much more precious than your Challenger that stays in that garage I see?? :surprise:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Whoa, so just what is so much more precious than your Challenger that stays in that garage I see?? :surprise:
Nothing LOL. I have my workout equipment, Road and Mountain Bike and storage! Next house I build will need a 3 car garage :wink3:

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Nothing LOL. I have my workout equipment, Road and Mountain Bike and storage! Next house I build will need a 3 car garage :wink3:
Heheh... I hear ya.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
You better think bigger I have a 30' by 40' garage with a lift in it holding 7 cars and another car in a basement garage under the house and still wish I had more room!

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,545 Posts
You better think bigger I have a 30' by 40' garage with a lift in it holding 7 cars and another car in a basement garage under the house and still wish I had more room!
Talk about rolling out the red carpet! I wish I had enough room to fit 2 cars without having to suck in my gut to get in or out of the car.

·
Registered
324 Posts
My car still hasn't seen a drop of rain. Just dust. I run it in the sunny dry winter months for a leisure ride. Beats staring at it for 4 months every time I walk into the garage.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You call todays weather a blizzard?
Your kidding....right

My CAT has been in the garage for about 2 weeks now waiting for a few more days of sunshine before I put it up some time in December.
Of course this depends on there not being any salt on the road, we need some rain now.
Next week in the 40's so maybe.
When I do put mine up the car will share the garage with another car, so I will have the CAT clean inside and out, full of fuel,put on rollers to move the car to one side of the garage, put a trickle charger on it to maintain the battery and cover the car.
It will be high and dry and ready for spring [April].
I will admit, i did exaggerate a little bit calling it a "blizzard". Lol
More so was referring to the amount given my car has never seen snow. Thank god i had it away thursday before the snow hit. ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts