Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been told that the 392's don't get full throttle until you reach 3000 miles. Is this true? Please explain... :scratchhead:

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
not true, my throttle worked just fine :)

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
This is not specific to 392's but every Chrysler product since the 80's. Dreams of special powers letting loose at a specific mileage mark (usually 5k). It is not true.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
I don't know where this rumor pops up, but they said the same about the 6.1 and 5.7 for years. Its all rumors. Not true one bit. They test these cars with less than 1000 miles on em for the factory numbers. They take em from brand new right to the track.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok! thanks for the info!! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Most modern engines should be driven hard from the factory. This helps seat the rings and will prevent oil burning in the future. These HEMIs are meant to be driven hard.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Most modern engines should be driven hard from the factory. This helps seat the rings and will prevent oil burning in the future. These HEMIs are meant to be driven hard.
Well then I certainly have broken mine in correctly - all 1300 miles have been pretty damn hard :rocker:

Kinda relieved to here this from another source though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts