Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Scat Pack Shaker. Pretty much stock. I wanted to swap my black Brembo calipers for yellow. Is this even possible through a Brembo dealer? I don't expect an even swap with no cash on my end, I just can't even find a Brembo dealer to ask.
Or should I just have them powder coated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would just have them powder coated.

p.s. I am also a fan of the Trio

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've been looking at doing the same thing to get back to red. For what they are costing it looks like PC is going to be the way to go.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Those calipers are not supposed to be disassembled. The powder coating process may damage the internals.

·
Registered
21 HC WB, Octane red, A8; 20 SP, Octane red, A8 (gone); 16 SP, Granite Pearl (gone)
168 Posts
You can find some decent deals here in classified’s or Amazon etc for like new sets. Another option.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
970 Posts
I used VHT color and clear. Calipers were removed from car, cleaned and painted per instructions. The calipers look great, the only drawback is they chip easily when installing wheels. The chips are small and not easily seen but I know they are there. In retrospect, wish I had them powder coated.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
I used G2 caliper paint on my 2016. 5 years later it still looked great. Buy the high temp stickers on eBay. Expect to spend 4 hours for the whole paint process, most of that time will be spent jacking it up and taping stuff off. Then let it sit for a day to dry.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I wanted to swap my black Brembo calipers for yellow.
It is much less expensive to just paint them yourself.. You can pick the exact color you want.. They have special paint for just this purpose.. R/R'ing the tires is the biggest hassle..

Reactions: nytrorcr

·
Registered
66 Posts
Those calipers are not supposed to be disassembled. The powder coating process may damage the internals.
Why is that? You would disassemble the caliper to rebuild it. Does Brembo state that?
Just wondering.
Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 2016 Scat Pack Shaker. Pretty much stock. I wanted to swap my black Brembo calipers for yellow. Is this even possible through a Brembo dealer? I don't expect an even swap with no cash on my end, I just can't even find a Brembo dealer to ask.
Thanks.
I would paint them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've had problems with caliper paint holding up in the past. That's why I asked. High temp paint made for calipers, and cleared them after. Looked like crap a few months later.
Also I still want Brembo to be visible.

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
I've had problems with caliper paint holding up in the past. That's why I asked. High temp paint made for calipers, and cleared them after. Looked like crap a few months later.
Also I still want Brembo to be visible.
you'll want to prep the surface so that new paint will adhere

the black ones on Scat Packs tend to be a matte finish (mine are)

you buy new decals - so you use a heat gun to remove the original ones before repainting them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks.
Go with MGP aluminum covers in yellow don’t paint them

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks.
Hey Matt ,
I used KG GUN KOTE on mine . It’s a ceramic based paint that you back on

1 - 20 of 33 Posts