Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
12,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every now and again we get asked about converting a R/T Challenger or Charger to Brembo brakes

so we can erase any confusion

the first issue is you need everything, spindle, bracket, in some case hub bearing, hardware, pads, rotors and calipers, each spindle is over 700$ each retail, unless you have a donor car that you can take all needed components, its way too expensive to convert, cheaper to upgrade to something like this

https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/ste...lled-rotors-wildwood-140-14067-dr?parent=1053

second, the stock R/T wheels will no longer fit, not enough clearance with the Brembo calipers

also stock R/T wheels will not fit aftermarket big brake kits......

·
Registered
15,055 Posts
SXT Plus should have BR5, it's included on cars with factory 20 inch wheels.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
12,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are these 6 piston calipers?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
yes, same as the new ones for Bigred, only difference are mine are customized by Wilwood for all out racing, its not a off the shelf kit

and we have the ear of one of the engineers which can help us with brake pad selection for your racing a certain application

Luke

·
Registered
6 Posts
Guys, I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed as I'm new to the site. So, I understand that braking is important if you have a Challenger due to its hefty size. I'm considering purchasing the SXT Plus w/8-Speed Auto transmission and Blacktop Package. Is there a Brembo brakes kit for the SXT Plus that the dealer can install? The SXT Plus wheel size is 20-inch x 8-inch granite crystal aluminum wheels. What do you recommend? Another option is the R/T Plus but it will cost more than the SXT Plus.

Thanks,
pdash

·
Vendor
12,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys, I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed as I'm new to the site. So, I understand that braking is important if you have a Challenger due to its hefty size. I'm considering purchasing the SXT Plus w/8-Speed Auto transmission and Blacktop Package. Is there a Brembo brakes kit for the SXT Plus that the dealer can install? The SXT Plus wheel size is 20-inch x 8-inch granite crystal aluminum wheels. What do you recommend? Another option is the R/T Plus but it will cost more than the SXT Plus.

Thanks,
pdash
there is not, cheaper to buy a Scat Pack, and add the dynamic package for 1995.00

:crying:

·
Vendor
12,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ps, not kidding, have to replace spindles and wheel bearings and if your doing the 6 piston Hellcat version, approx 10k

·
Registered
2016 RT
112 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts