Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a brake adaptor for the r/t challengers to fit the Brembo brakes? Seems like a fairly easy thing to do like they have on the big brake kits from stoptech and baer. I can't find any out there.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Does anyone make a brake adaptor for the r/t challengers to fit the Brembo brakes? Seems like a fairly easy thing to do like they have on the big brake kits from stoptech and baer. I can't find any out there.
Did you check TCE Performance Products? I know they do a lot of brackets for Wilwood, not sure what else.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
973 Posts
The easiest way is to swap spindles, rotors and calipers.

I did an SRT rotor upgrade on 10 Challenger R/T with C6 Corvette pads. I used after market Drilled & Slotted rotors. I updated the rears with the Police Daytona caliper braket and rotors. Again I used after market Drilled & Slotted rotors.

Would I do it again? No. The rears? Yes as I used stock MOPAR parts.

·
Vendor
12,219 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry 4 grand for brakes IS NOT cheaper by a long shot. I'm personally not to worried about stock wheels. I'm running mickey thompson wheels. I know these clear the brembos. Even if I completely switched out the calipers and spindles and hubs I can do that way less expensive than these kits. I personally think those particular sets of wilwoods are overpriced. Thats why I'm looking for brackets that will adapt. I figure if those brembos are good enough for a hellcat and demon they will be good enough for mine. Also if I need replacement parts a dealership is fairly easy to find.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The easiest way is to swap spindles, rotors and calipers.

I did an SRT rotor upgrade on 10 Challenger R/T with C6 Corvette pads. I used after market Drilled & Slotted rotors. I updated the rears with the Police Daytona caliper braket and rotors. Again I used after market Drilled & Slotted rotors.

Would I do it again? No. The rears? Yes as I used stock MOPAR parts.
Were the the fronts the serious metal parts upgrade kit? I think they went of of buisness awhile back.

·
Vendor
12,219 Posts
Sorry 4 grand for brakes IS NOT cheaper by a long shot. I'm personally not to worried about stock wheels. I'm running mickey thompson wheels. I know these clear the brembos. Even if I completely switched out the calipers and spindles and hubs I can do that way less expensive than these kits. I personally think those particular sets of wilwoods are overpriced. Thats why I'm looking for brackets that will adapt. I figure if those brembos are good enough for a hellcat and demon they will be good enough for mine. Also if I need replacement parts a dealership is fairly easy to find.
unless you can get a donor vehicle and buy the needed parts inexpensively, ok

to do it with new parts your going to be closer to 8500$ in parts, maybe a little higher, maybe 9K

if your tracking the car you will find the Brembos have a tendency to fade badly unless you change the brake pads to something else.....

·
Vendor
12,219 Posts
for example, BR4 front spindle new

https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-knuckle-5039030ae

825.60, msrp 1150.00 x 2

plus brackets, plus wheel bearings, front and rear and you dont have brake rotors, calipers, brake pads, hoses, etc

only way to do Brembo is with a donor vehicle (junk yard vehicle) and hope the stuff is not bent or damaged,

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
for example, BR4 front spindle new

https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-knuckle-5039030ae

825.60, msrp 1150.00 x 2

plus brackets, plus wheel bearings, front and rear and you dont have brake rotors, calipers, brake pads, hoses, etc

only way to do Brembo is with a donor vehicle (junk yard vehicle) and hope the stuff is not bent or damaged,
I would definately be looking at the used parts if I was going this route, but again thats why I asked if anyone knows if there are adaptor brackets that are made to fit the brembos on the r/t's spindles. I just don't think 4k on brakes is a reasonable price.

·
Registered
973 Posts
HTML:

I might consider doing this if I could find that adaptor bracket and just run a bit more aggressive pad material than a stock vette has.
Sold my kit complete with pads and rotors. Adapters are not available as far as I know.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Look into tce performance. They are my future upgrade. Talked to the guy over the phone, he makes his own brackets. Wilwood aero6 calipers, with rotors and pads was like $1700

I think its even cheaper for the sub 15 models

1 - 14 of 14 Posts