Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I take my 2015 Scat Pack to the road course multiple times a year. I've already had my front/rear caliper dust boots wear out. They essentially cracked and I ended up having to replace them. However, one of my front calipers occasionally pulls to the left due to a sticky piston. My fear is that dust got through when the dust boot was cracked and is causing friction on the caliper pistons. I have read that Brembo or Mopar doesn't sell any parts (except dust boots) to rebuild the calipers.

How do I go about finding replacement pistons and inner seals for my standard 4 piston calipers?

Has anyone else rebuilt their Brembo calipers?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,429 Posts
car-part.com

Might be easier/cheaper/quicker to replace with used one from salvage yard. If all else fails you could take what you need to rebuild yours from a salvaged one.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
All the pistons and seals are available from rock auto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your reply. I ended up doing a lot of research and went with the items listed below. Being that I regularly track the car on a regular basis, my goal was to get the highest quality parts that I could find. The absolute last thing that I want to worry about is my brakes functioning properly when I'm doing approximately 140mph coming into a downhill braking zone at Michelin Road Atlanta Speedway. I am planning on performing the front caliper rebuilds over the weekend and will report back if I have any issues.

Zeckhausen Racing
  • 44mm Stoptech Caliper Pistons (supposedly works with the front 4-piston Brembo calipers on SRT-8/Scatpack)
  • Front/Rear caliper bleeder valves
  • Replacement crush washers

Ohio Performance
- 44mm Stoptech Caliper Piston pressure seals and high temp dust boots which includes caliper rebuild lube (works with STR-8/Scatpack 4-piston calipers)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
Let us know how it works out. Take pics if you remember. Sure it would help someone in the future

A Guy

Reactions: Janson

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Thank you all for your reply. I ended up doing a lot of research and went with the items listed below. Being that I regularly track the car on a regular basis, my goal was to get the highest quality parts that I could find. The absolute last thing that I want to worry about is my brakes functioning properly when I'm doing approximately 140mph coming into a downhill braking zone at Michelin Road Atlanta Speedway. I am planning on performing the front caliper rebuilds over the weekend and will report back if I have any issues.

Zeckhausen Racing
  • 44mm Stoptech Caliper Pistons (supposedly works with the front 4-piston Brembo calipers on SRT-8/Scatpack)
  • Front/Rear caliper bleeder valves
  • Replacement crush washers

Ohio Performance
- 44mm Stoptech Caliper Piston pressure seals and high temp dust boots which includes caliper rebuild lube (works with STR-8/Scatpack 4-piston calipers)

View attachment 1006314
I haven’t rebuilt a caliper in years. Back in the 80,s/90’s we never replaced we always rebuilt them along with rear wheel cylinders. Make sure you hone the cylinders real nice.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It went well overall. It definitely took all day but I was not in a rush and took extra time to ensure everything was perfect. I have some pics and will do a separate how-to post sometime this week.

Reactions: A Guy

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts