Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Oh yes, you will need lots more. Front spindles, brake lines, rear knuckles, brake line, I think stub axles and I believe some sort of abs controller.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Oh yes, you will need lots more. Front spindles, brake lines, rear knuckles, brake line, I think stub axles and I believe some sort of abs controller.
For some reason I don't think he was expecting to hear all that. :(

Reactions: ChrisNTN

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Yes it's a pricey proposition, unless you can somehow acquire used knuckles for cheap. The spindles don't ever get taken off an SRT, if someone upgrades brakes as they get reused, so there are not a lot floating around used, except on totaled cars, and that presents it's own issues. As stated you need what you have, plus lines, knuckles etc for those to work on a non SRT car.

We can price out the new parts you will need of you like, due to cost most folks end up going to a solid aftermarket system for the RT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So there is no way to just take off my rotors and calipers. And replace them with the brembo calipers and srt rotor?

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
So there is no way to just take off my rotors and calipers. And replace them with the brembo calipers and srt rotor?
No, you can do that with aftermarket systems designed for the RT, but not with the brembos unless you have the other parts required.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
No, you can do that with aftermarket systems designed for the RT
Can you be more specific? Which aftermarket systems?

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Can you be more specific? Which aftermarket systems?
We sell a ton of these for v6 and RT folks, 6 piston calipers 14" rotors, all parts included to bolt right up to your car. Also allows stock wheels to clear even the stock 18" challenger wheels clear these, but stop better than the SRTs brembos!

Baer pro-plus brake kit
Baer Pro-Plus Front Brake Kit 05-14 Challenger, Charger, 300, Magnum 5.7L
Baer Pro-Plus Rear Brake Kit 05-14 Challenger, Charger, 300, Magnum 5.7L

Reactions: Czechman

·
Registered
157 Posts
Brembo $$$

The parts that I showed in the first post I paid 650.00 total. Was that a good deal.
I paid $1,100 for everything, including front spindles, brake lines, rear knuckles, backing plates, bearing packs, bolts and etc. The thing I missed was that the stock 20" chrome Clads on the R/T do not fit over the front Brembo calipers. So that required an additional unplanned purchase of rims at over $1K more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts