Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
14,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As part of the optional Performance Handling Group, 5.7L R/T's will come with 4-piston Brembos. Option cost $995 and requires Super Track Pack and WRT wheels. And for an extra $195, you can get them in Red, they'll be black otherwise.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
472 Posts
soab. All I wanted was red brakes on my T/A 392. Now it's 195.00 bastards lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
soab. All I wanted was red brakes on my T/A 392. Now it's 195.00 bastards lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm glad mine are black, but it woulda been nice to have the option for those who'd have preferred red.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Looks to be a nice option to have on the R/T.

The WRT is a popular wheel option anyways, so I can see this additional $995 brake option, being quite popular as well.

At this price point, a 4 piston Brembo equipped R/T should still sticker $2,600.00 or so under a base Scat.

IMHO, the 5.7 T/A's should have had the 4 piston Brembos ,as standard equipment.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Looks to be a nice option to have on the R/T.

The WRT is a popular wheel option anyways, so I can see this additional $995 brake option, being quite popular as well.

At this price point, a 4 piston Brembo equipped R/T should still sticker $2,600.00 or so under a base Scat.

IMHO, the 5.7 T/A's should have had the 4 piston Brembos ,as standard equipment.

This is good news. The Brembos are serious brakes, and it'll be nice for folks to have this option. Like SpeedShift said though, with this option and the required WRT's, the price point is getting really close to the Scat Pack.

Bottom line, the R/T 5.7 folks can finally get Brembos from the factory, and that's good! :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
As part of the optional Performance Handling Group, 5.7L R/T's will come with 4-piston Brembos. Option cost $995 and requires Super Track Pack and WRT wheels. And for an extra $195, you can get them in Red, they'll be black otherwise.

That was my major reason other than more power.... weak brakes for a heavy car.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Slidd, is the current brake option on the R/T just pads? In some places it says Heavy Duty Brake Pads and in others it says HD Brakes.

The window sticker on my previous R/TC said "HD Brakes". I did some checking, and only the pads were different compared to the standard R/T

·
Registered
14,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Slidd, is the current brake option on the R/T just pads? In some places it says Heavy Duty Brake Pads and in others it says HD Brakes.
It's pads and front rotors (slightly thicker). The standard RT brakes are BR5, the HD brakes that were part of STP was BR6. The BR6 is no longer included with STP and is a $295 option on some R/T's.

The BR6 appears to be going away next year on Challenger, it will be the standard BR5 or straight to the BR4 (4-piston Brembos).

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Yep, seems like that option bounced around, component wise, over the years.

I liked my R/TC brakes during the time that I had the car. (4 1/2 years and 42k (s)miles. They stopped fine, and thought that Brembos weren't a big deal, or needed.

Once I got my Scat Pack, within the first few stops, I knew what these Brembos were all about. It's a major brake upgrade IMO.

The '18 R/T owners are in for a treat if they go with this option.

·
Registered
389 Posts
These are the 4 piston Brembos that come standard on the scat pack and not the 6 piston on SRT and Hellcat front brakes.

·
Registered
14,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I believe RS said this performance package was only available for Shakers and T/As?
All R/T, just require STP and WRT. Shaker and T/A already have one or both.
These are the 4 piston Brembos that come standard on the scat pack and not the 6 piston on SRT and Hellcat front brakes.
Correct, 4-piston. Same as standard brakes on Scat Packs.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
save the money and stay with black brembos. A hot chick asked if I had chicken livers stuck on my wheels. They were my red brembos on my SRT8.
She got in my head and now I realize the rest of the world sees what we don't see.

·
Registered
814 Posts
This is great news for the RT brothers! My '14 RT STP was seriously lacking in the brakes department.

When I jumped in my TA 392, the difference was incredible. I didn't know brakes made such a big difference.

I highly recommend any sort of brake upgrades, even if you don't "race", you still need to stop at some point. These 6 piston feel rock solid, I haven't tried the 4 piston but I can imagine it being a great upgrade from standard brakes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hope this option opens up the ability to get the WRT wheels on a 5.7 R/T blacktop. That is pretty much exactly what I am looking for.
Ooh sorry, neither the WRT wheels or Brembos will be available on Blacktop.

Looks like Blacktop on R/T also comes standard without the stripe now and it must be ordered separately if you want it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Ooh sorry, neither the WRT wheels or Brembos will be available on Blacktop.

Looks like Blacktop on R/T also comes standard without the stripe now and it must be ordered separately if you want it.

Thanks for that info, that will help me out. Basically wanted a 5.7 R/T with the all black trim and WRT wheels but the only way to do that it seems is a shaker, T/A or jump to a 6.4 SP. Was hoping that would change for 18.

One more thing, since you seem to have the answer every time I have a question. Do they will give a $500 dollar credit for shaker stripe deletes or they do away with that? Thanks again.

·
Registered
14,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
One more thing, since you seem to have the answer every time I have a question. Do they will give a $500 dollar credit for shaker stripe deletes or they do away with that? Thanks again.
No, no more $500 credit, that ended after 2016.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts