Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
people want h/o and no color will replace that..TO is not good enough..
is there any signs for h/a in 2011?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
people want h/o and no color will replace that..TO is not good enough..
is there any signs for h/a in 2011?
not in 2011 from what i've read. i would think it would probably come back at some point though. that is the reason i jumped on mine cause i knew it wouldnt last.

·
Super Moderator
14,134 Posts
Hemi-orange was supposed to be a limited edition color for the 2008 SRTs. Because of the demand, it was continued. It is now officially retired and has been replaced by other high impact colors.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
As much as I like it,..... I'm kinda glad to see it retired. Unique is good......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Since I have a HO Classic, I say no, don't bring the color back. But then again, I guess that is just plain selfish. :)

It is a great looking color. I went in looking at TorRed or Deep Water Blue (or maybe even white), but my eye kept getting pulled to the HO car. I convinced myself I didn't want a HO because there were so many of them already out there on the road. But after seeing it up close in classic trim, I convinced myself I was wrong and I did need it...

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
It's retired and needs to stay that way. I don't want the Challenger to be like the Charger, and keep the same old colors all the way thru it's model run. IMO, a third of the car's color palette needs to be changed every year.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Personally, I would not buy a 2011 Challenger right now BECAUSE of the color selection. Outside of the normal black, silver, and white, the only really cool color is the new red. However, it is a $995 option. I was very disappointed when I saw the colors they were offering. Toxic Orange is no Hemi Orange, and Green with Envy is a color I would never buy. I miss Hemi Orange, Plum Crazy, Detonator Yellow, and B5 Blue. Furious Fuscia can stay discontinued... :)

·
Registered
651 Posts
Never say never,
Special Edition color for 08,
only to return yet again as a Special Edition color for 10,

HO will be offered again for no other reason than it sells cars.
:smoker:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm glad they switched up the colors. The only problem is they replaced some great colors with rather drab colors. I'm not liking the TO at all. Also, while I like to see some throw back colors, they really need to come up with new high impact colors.

·
Banned
863 Posts
I would rather see a new color than the HO. Like,,,, put a "ink black" in the line up, dark forest green, gunmetal gray, darker red, billiard #2 ball blue and maybe a brighter tangerine orange (not as pumpkin as HO).

·
Registered
864 Posts
Thats nice keeping the good color limited and all but, the new colors suck. I was going to work this morning and drove past a SE in the new red and immediately past that, were two minivans and a nissan sentra in what looked like exactly the same color.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is such a bs happening with camaros and mustangs? limited not limited who gives a f***
give ppl what they want. it makes me mad that some ppl in the company would tell others what colors to buy or not to buy. i pay money why would u give a damn what color i want..

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i prefer they do not repeat colors

people buy HO, PCP, DY, FF because its unqiue...by making them every year it loses the uniqueness..

i think they will make PCP and HO again....if i were in charge i wouldnt, but ill bet they will

·
Registered
284 Posts
I am waiting for a great new Orange color from Dodge. Have heard that they will being back a Heritage Orange,( Vitamin C?), non-metallic, color for 2012. Toxic Orange..way too brown for me.

·
Registered
668 Posts
i have a hemi orange 09 R/T how many years did they make the h/o in the r/t im just wondering.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
HO is a great color for these cars without a doubt. It will be interesting to see if they resurrect any of these already released high impact colors. I suppose you would have to figure out if "limited run" pertains to that specific model year or for all model years.:scratchhead:
On another note, they have Mango Tango available for the '11 jeeps.....wonder if that will bleed over to the Challengers later this year.:browsmiley:

·
Registered
150 Posts
i have a hemi orange 09 R/T how many years did they make the h/o in the r/t im just wondering.
RT's were HO for 09 and 10 only. SRT's were HO in 08,09 and 10. That is the reason I moved up my purchase. I was originally going to wait till May or June to buy my Challenger but when I did an inventory of dealers in my area very few HO RT's were left so I acted quickly. I really didn't like any of the 11 colors.

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I found out that HO wasn't avail for 11, back in Aug 10, I figured it was now or never. I found a new one in Spring Field MO, just the way I wanted, HO, W/Track Pack, and no other options (dealer installed stripes). My wife liked mine so much, we just bought her a leftover 2010 Torred, she wanted white stripes.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts