Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,420 Posts
Hello guys ..
I wanted to ask! Which one of these gives the best performance?
( My challenger 15 rt plus )
Your '15 R/T has iridium plugs as OEM and they're good for 100k intervals, unless their performance degrades and its time to change them sooner.

[5.7s have used iridium plugs since the '14 models]

·
Super Moderator
13,874 Posts
Your '15 R/T has iridium plugs as OEM and they're good for 100k intervals, unless their performance degrades and its time to change them sooner. [5.7s have used iridium plugs since the '14 models]
That's good advice, especially when you consider that our Hemi engines use 16 spark plugs.

·
Registered
Challenger rt plus
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hal H

I wanted to increase the acceleration By this + MSD 82558 blaster coil-on-plug !

·
Registered
744 Posts
Wasting your money.The best aftermarket coils may give you a 10-15hp gain.Not enough that you are going to notice or justify the cost.

·
Super Moderator
15,420 Posts
Wasting your money.The best aftermarket coils may give you a 10-15hp gain.Not enough that you are going to notice or justify the cost.
That $430 for a set of coils would simply lighten the bank account. Nothing to gain by replacing brand new coil packs.

·
Registered
Challenger rt plus
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will retract their purchase!
What do you advise me to do other than these?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I will retract their purchase!
What do you advise me to do other than these?
how about the basics:

1. catch can
2. CAI
3. can tune
4. update your car information on your forum profile

·
Registered
760 Posts
$14 and $15 a plug...I don't even spend that on nitrous plugs.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Let say just for fun that you see a 8 hp gain by installing fancy plugs or coil packs on a mostly stock vehicle (bolt-ons).
A 8-10 hp gain on a 4000+ pound car is not going to be discernible to the butt-dyno.
I have to laugh every time I see someone post about "feeling" a different after installing a CAI, catback, etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Let say just for fun that you see a 8 hp gain by installing fancy plugs or coil packs on a mostly stock vehicle (bolt-ons).
A 8-10 hp gain on a 4000+ pound car is not going to be discernible to the butt-dyno.
I have to laugh every time I see someone post about "feeling" a different after installing a CAI, catback, etc.
Probably more from the sound change intake and exhaust makes, makes it feel faster. At 6000ft, I know my manual R/T is slow. It's not exactly a stoplight terror at sea level. I've got a Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back. But, with the exhaust screaming at 5k RPM it's enough to fool my senses into thinking it's a beast.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts