Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The piece just folded like a carpet going up an area that has a rain cover , it was blended with a parking area that i was blind enough to miss ,

anyhow the piece folded hard so i know it is not plastic neither a metal i think

it has the front it it screwed from under the car with the blots front lip as in blended with it bolts wise , it is at least half the in car in length but it became folded

what is it called and how much should it be?

i just put some ziplocks all over the place to hold it back because it was scraping the ground and drove home without a problem.

is the decreption good enough to get what i mean?

The pecie Is there just to cover whats under the car from dust or warer is what what i think?

how much is the piece and what is it called ?

beacuse i want to know is it part of all challenger trims because in that case i can just buy of off a destroyed challenger and switch it over .

My car is a 2020 widebody scatpack

any help is appreciated

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Can't give you a specific answer but the few times I have needed something like you are seeking I'd visit the dealer parts department and the parts guy looked up the part # and name and other details. Then I just ordered the part. The dealer I dealt with would install this for free when I brought the car in for some service as long as the part was purchased from the dealer's parts department. Oh, and didn't require much "disassembly" to install. Mostly I had a few under body plastic panels damaged by impacts from road debris and replaced these.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Can't give you a specific answer but the few times I have needed something like you are seeking I'd visit the dealer parts department and the parts guy looked up the part # and name and other details. Then I just ordered the part. The dealer I dealt with would install this for free when I brought the car in for some service as long as the part was purchased from the dealer's parts department. Oh, and didn't require much "disassembly" to install. Mostly I had a few under body plastic panels damaged by impacts from road debris and replaced these.
yes i will go to the dealer and inquire in the next coming days .

i just wanted to know what to expect to pay.

sucks that i havnt owned it for a week yet .

Hoping nothing over 250$

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From front

from Sides

it had bolts shared under with front lip and a lot of other places .... the bolts shared with font lip broke ...

what is surprising it didnt take the front lip with it , and nothing happened to the front lip

just want to know what to expect to pay

and ill get part number once i get it.

i didnt take photos when it was jacked up to put the zip unfortunately

it tried to take many paces down but instead it broke and folded in half .

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Also i can just take anywhere and just get bolted in place although it is broken. It can diff be held in place in a lot of way

it is not visible to at all.

and save all the money.

or take it to the dealer and replace it with a new piece .

I read in a lot of posts that the front lip cost less than 100$

you figure this one is more expensive?

what would you do?

is it a piece that all challengers have ot just widebodies?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Hard to say what the piece will cost to buy. In most cases I let a tech install the hardware as in the case of things under the car I have no way of getting the car in the air to work under it.

The tech is familiar with the piece and how it is supposed to fit.

With a previous car the radiator ducts would collect trash, mostly plant litter. While cooling was not affected the trash retained moisture and salt and it could lead to corrosion of the A/C condenser and radiator so the recommendation was to remove the bumper cover and get access to the radiator ducts to remove this trash.

Talked to techs at the dealer and they said they could always tell when someone had done this as invariably the bumper cover was not installed correctly. Screws were missing or the wrong type of screw was in the wrong hole and the interleaving of the trailing edge of the bumper cover with other panels under the car was not right.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hard to say what the piece will cost to buy. In most cases I let a tech install the hardware as in the case of things under the car I have no way of getting the car in the air to work under it.

The tech is familiar with the piece and how it is supposed to fit.

With a previous car the radiator ducts would collect trash, mostly plant litter. While cooling was not affected the trash retained moisture and salt and it could lead to corrosion of the A/C condenser and radiator so the recommendation was to remove the bumper cover and get access to the radiator ducts to remove this trash.

Talked to techs at the dealer and they said they could always tell when someone had done this as invariably the bumper cover was not installed correctly. Screws were missing or the wrong type of screw was in the wrong hole and the interleaving of the trailing edge of the bumper cover with other panels under the car was not right.
Damn

didnt think that it would effect all that

it is the part that Shares bolts with the front lip and is right behind.

i will get the part # and see how much it is compared to us prices just for the hell if it.

guess keep it dealer parts than having all that happen.

You did mean that because of bad job of covering under the car after something similar broke , all the stuff you meantioned like the radiator and a/c got effected right?

Anyone know what are the parts the cover the bottom called?

or where can i find a diagram of all Parts?

edit ; im 99% sure it is this part

or this

and it doesnt exceed 50$ anywhere ,does that sound right for a part this huge?

And why cant i find it when searching in mopar or dodge?

can anyone help , just so i know how much the dealership well rip me off.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
327 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,605 Posts

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't tell from your pictures

Belly splash shield 68214815AA (part you remove to do oil change)

View attachment 997385
View attachment 997386

OR

OR

A Guy
All are 100$ and less ... a dream come true.

i’d be happy if they even say 200$ out the door ... but that wont happen

5 more hours tell they open , and ill c how what happens ... so much for driving it today ,

at least now i know the car’s height limit before scratching and be extra careful ...

the clearance is 200% more than i expected which is wonderful but this one wouldve ruined any sedan .

well On the bright aide , thank god it is only under body damage and nothing else.

·
Super Moderator
14,033 Posts
I can't tell from your pictures

Belly splash shield 68214815AA (part you remove to do oil change)

View attachment 997385
View attachment 997386

OR

OR

A Guy
I agree. From the photos posted, these are the parts.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
My post was to cover the concern that these under body panels have a specific way of fitting in with other adjacent panels. In some cases the leading panel's trailing edge wants to overlap the following panel's leading edge. Or the two panel edges in some way interleave.

Regardless the panels need to be installed properly to avoid hard to pinpoint rattles or other noises, and to ensure there is no disruption of the air flow under the car. This can cause -- as I mentioned above -- rattles (the panel flutters in the air flow) -- or just other noises like moaning or whistling.

Also the panels are designed to manage air flow to improve its passage under the car. Low pressure areas are specifically created to help air flow through the radiator into the engine compartment and out the bottom of the engine compartment.

As an aside with another car the air flow under the car and the water drain tubes that ran down from catch basins under the front trunk lid and the soft top clam shell were positioned so air flow under the body panel would create a low pressure area at the tube outlet to encourage water to flow down and out the tube. If one messed up a panel's installation this could result in a high pressure area which could cause water -- from driving in the rain -- to collect in the basin and overflow and as a result the water would flow into areas it was not supposed to go.

The point is one should not dismiss these panels and how the fit to the bottom of the car and with other panels as just some hodge podge of plastic junk the factory slapped on the car as an after throught.

Do not know what the dealer will charge to remove the damaged panel and replace it with the new panel. Depends upon if there is any collateral damage -- screw heads broken off -- to deal with.

$50 seems low. Depends though what the dealer's hourly rate is. $100/hour would mean the job is a 30 minute job. That's cutting it pretty fine I think. I would expect it to be more like an hour's job but it depends upon if there is any damage. Also, new fasteners may be needed and these might not be in stock.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
499 Posts
That did not take long. Cmon man. :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts