Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening. I have a 2010 Challenger, V6/SE. Since I got the car the console lid has been broken. I am looking for a model specific parts list for my car so I can order the parts to fix it. Any suggestions on where to look?

Kenny...

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I've seen several DIY fix-its on several Challenger sites....if your problem is that the console/armrest top won't stay latched.
The fix is a small spring wound int two holes on the lid. (Most I have seen are much shorter than what I did.)
I happened to do mine DIY a little more aggressively.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have to get one myself. The entire handle latch is missing from mine when I bought it used. 2009 se myself. It's like whoever owned it didn't care. I've even got missing doors for the visor mirrors on both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, thanks! That's a really awesome improvisation! I might do that! Definitely don't want to spend a lot of money on a new console lid.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I cut a piece of dark grey medium density foam, just some random stuff I found in packing materials. You just cut it about the same width as the handle & about 3/4" x 3/4". Squeeze it into the void of the handle & it keeps the handle pushed out & tight. No one will know it's even in there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My computer has been acting a little squirrly and froze when I was on this forum, so I'm not sure if I thanked you yet. So thanks! That is a damn good idea!

·
Registered
10 Posts
grancuda- I remember reading your fix a little while ago and just kind of kept it in the back of my mind as maybe trying it sometime as a "what do I have to lose" type of fix. I didn't have any clothes-pins to take apart for the spring. Well....I got something in the mail today that came with packing peanuts. Why not...I took a handful of maybe four and went to do an errand and before I left I jammed them into that "void" between the console lid and the handle and...it works like a charm and like you said, "no one will know it's even there". It still cracks me up as it works so well and the console lid doesn't bounce up and down going over bumps. You would think someone by now would be selling those "lid handles" as so many of us have broken ones? Yeah..not so much. If they're available feel free to let me know where and how much. I can find the "latches" that hold the console lid to the actual console at the back, but the "lid handle" at the very front? Not so much. We'd make a *ton* as every Dodge dealership i've called wants to sell you the whole console lid with that and the back latch already connected. Not happening. Grancuda...thanks a bunch ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've seen several DIY fix-its on several Challenger sites....if your problem is that the console/armrest top won't stay latched.
The fix is a small spring wound int two holes on the lid. (Most I have seen are much shorter than what I did.)
I happened to do mine DIY a little more aggressively.

I did this repair on my 2010 works great!!! Thank you!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's funny, I posted my question in 2016 to a bunch of different forums. I got a bunch good responses but none of them worked for long. It's still broken! I'm definitely going to order one. So thanks again!

·
Registered
37 Posts
No problem glad i could help. Better late than never. I just bought my chally 3 months ago so I still putting my expertise into this car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts